G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
I try never to put anyone down unless I feel itā€™s a last resort. Lifeā€™s rich tapestry has taught me never to judge rashly, thatā€™s why I thought weā€™d become friends. What have I accomplished in my life? Since you ask, I started out very much an overactive underachiever. Could have ended up in prison in my formative years, but following an apprenticeship in precision engineering I spent 15 years in that trade.

Met my life partner in 1978, almost emigrated in 1990 with my wife and two children, the irony is we decided against it when against some odds I became employed by the Isle of Man Prison and Probation Service. In 1994 I learned to fly, a great guy called Ian Hogg taught me even though I couldnā€™t afford it at the time. He ran a book which went along the lines of ā€œget here now because the weather is rightā€ - ā€œyou pay me when you canā€. Great guy. Went on to fly lots of stuff for 20 years meeting many interesting life long friends (some sadly no longer with us).

Because of my background I went on to build a plans built an MW6t (tandom) three axis microlight which took three and a half years to build, converted it to an MW6s (side by side configuration) over a winter period, met lots of flying friends over this period and learned to fly several LAA types.

Went on to build (or be involved with) 3 other aircraft, becoming a BMMA inspector along the way. Finally bought and flew a Jabiru until giving up in 2015.

Apart from that I think the biggest achievement so far in my life has been very recent. Iā€™ve been able to form very close relationships with my grown up son and daughter.

Donā€™t feel superior, but whatā€™s your story?

When I was born, they gave me the wrong Christian name. They should have called me Too!

As late as 2006, my parents sat me at the table and told me. ā€˜We worry about you more than anyoneā€™.

ā€˜But why are you worried about me?ā€™

ā€˜You have to change; You are too trusting, too kind, too honest, too naiveā€¦ There were such a lot of Tooā€™s.

ā€˜But I like being me, I canā€™t change who I am.ā€™

ā€˜But it is why you are always getting hurt, people take advantage of you, you need to be wiser like your sister, not everyone is like you!ā€™

ā€˜But Mum, wouldnā€™t it be an awful world if everyone was like that, not trusting, weighing everyone up, suspecting everyone had an ulterior motive?ā€™

Those who knew me to be Too, have all gone! I did not realise how much they protected me.

So I joined this forum, to find sound impartial advice from strangers who do not know me.. For everyone who meets me, somehow sees this Too now.. It hurts!

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
You have clearly had a very traumatic time and I can understand your desire to escape and follow your dream BUT please check than even with an address in France that you will be allowed to stay over the 90 in 180 days...... I may have misunderstood but I thought this was no longer possible. I hope for your sake that I'm wrong but it would be terrible to buy somewhere and find it's only accessible for half the year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You have clearly had a very traumatic time and I can understand your desire to escape and follow your dream BUT please check than even with an address in France that you will be allowed to stay over the 90 in 180 days...... I may have misunderstood but I thought this was no longer possible. I hope for your sake that I'm wrong but it would be terrible to buy somewhere and find it's only accessible for half the year.
At the moment she seems to be obsessed with the toilet and not looking at the more important things involved in this new life.
If she is on the level she should be looking at the French part in more detail and not be worrying about the motorhome as that is just a means of getting there, anything will do.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
At the moment she seems to be obsessed with the toilet and not looking at the more important things involved in this new life.
If she is on the level she should be looking at the French part in more detail and not be worrying about the motorhome as that is just a means of getting there, anything will do.
There are french solicitors in this country, who handle all paperwork.... I'm on a mission this week!
And Chaser? I clearly have a problem with the toilet! But there was a large white 'pristine' motorhome (trapped in an old fashioned yard) and a toilet filled with tennis ball sized brown balls with encrusted rubies in my dream.... I can not translate my dreams.. I have a problem with toilets as a result!
Please allow me leeway!

And yes I may appear to be a nutter..... But I am an honest one.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
I have had a dream, all will work out right in the end! please rest assured, what you are worried about? will pose no problems... There will be problems after that... But I will be safe!
And I am so grateful that you care!

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Hello Everyone, I am so confused as to which motor home I should be looking at, as I've never even looked inside one yet! Buy I was hoping that with your experience, you could steer me in the right direction. Here is my story.
I had a dream 2 years ago, that i would leave my house with 2 suitcases and one item only, the next part of the dream, i think i may be in France (not 100% about that). Someone is driving as i wake up and i notice a dirt track. I shout out 'Stop this is it, ths is the one I saw in my dream'. The next part is that im standing by a house, which is in approx 2-3 acres, remote, and there is a trout river/stream VERY close to the house. I am told the house belonged to my husband in a previous life and that it will be coming on the market. 'I run inside and run up a concrete/marble staircase and down again, i say to 'someone?' I'll buy it. At which point I'm told I can not as it is not yet for sale, but it will be.
I had a dream this spring that i should put my house on the market as my buyer was waiting for it. I duly put it on the market late June and my first viewing was my buyer, who wishes me to leave everything!
So since the first part of the dream, is now a reality!! I am going on the road to nowhere in search of a dream!. about October/November I need to hit the road and go to Europe, I have no idea where, but I need a home, which clearly needs to be warm in the winter! for I have been told I will recognise this house from the yellow rosebushes, which as far as I'm aware do not come out till May!
I would like a fixed bed motorhome, well insulated, somewhere to cook, sit, wash and toilet facilities. I wish to be able to wild camp for days on end. I am presently looking to see if I can have and airhead composting toilet fitted to allow ths possibility, but as soon as I ask a dealer they are not interested.
I clearly need a separate bed, for I have no idea who may be joining me, (someone else is drivng) I am otherwise single. So space between the sleeping areas is a must!
So happy campers. What am I looking for with regards to my motorhome? and where should I be looking?

I hope this long post was not too boring.
Hi Welcome to FUN.

We were you 5 years ago.

A) You arein the right place for advice. (you may get too much??)

B) The first one wonā€™t be your last!

The best advice we got was ā€œBuy for yourself, not the familyā€

We didnā€™t get this at first. But our second van was more suited to our needs than those we thought our family wanted.

Oh and life will change forever. Weā€™ve done things we never would have. Seen things we would never have seen and meet a whole bunch of like minded folks.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Hi Welcome to FUN.

We were you 5 years ago.

A) You arein the right place for advice. (you may get too much??)

B) The first one wonā€™t be your last!

The best advice we got was ā€œBuy for yourself, not the familyā€

We didnā€™t get this at first. But our second van was more suited to our needs than those we thought our family wanted.

Oh and life will change forever. Weā€™ve done things we never would have. Seen things we would never have seen and meet a whole bunch of like minded folks.
And you old codger, are the reason I came here! I have no one left who wishes the best for me!. ( everyone wants!) and I am so very grateful for your honesty.. Thank you so much
šŸ’•

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
And you old codger, are the reason I came here! I have no one left who wishes the best for me!. ( everyone wants!) and I am so very grateful for your honesty.. Thank you so much
šŸ’•

Funnily enough you have no idea how true that is for us! Familyā€™s ???

Believe me when I say thereā€™s are many here who have problems. But they all find friendship, support and love in these forums. Even if it at times seems like abuse!!!! :unsure: :hugs:

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Funnily enough you have no idea how true that is for us! Familyā€™s ???

Believe me when I say thereā€™s are many here who have problems. But they all find friendship, support and love in these forums. Even if it at times seems like abuse!!!! :unsure: :hugs:
I dont take it as abuse, I take it as I have always known, 5 people around a dining table, just telling it like it is!
I love, unconditional love! yet I have recentlty experienced a diiferent understanding of it! to some unconditional love, revolves around them and their families...:cry: To me as a 'Too?' i just love everyone! and i wish the best for everyone... if the stranger on the street is imho right? o fcuk would i tell me and mine they were wrong! I miss my support group, tbh.
I am so very grateful, for your advice. Thank you x

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
The 90 day rule still applies in France.
All paperwork needs to be done while in France.
If not working it is necessary to prove you can afford to stay there. If you can afford to, you will be either offered a 5 year or 10 year right to remain.
An address is necessary due to Brexit.
As I do not speak french to any extent, finding employment will be difficult. I will have to keep as much money as possible.
It is however possible to rent fully furnished appartments / houses for about 400-500 euro a month.
It is not an ideal scenario, however it means what money I make on the sale of the house, will be nigh on intact. I will qualify for a right to stay..
I will not be able to have a van or motorhome for quite some time as a result. But once I have the papers, I will no longer have the 90 restrictions.
Thank you for alerting me to this 90 day rule.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If not working it is necessary to prove you can afford to stay there. If you can afford to, you will be either offered a 5 year or 10 year right to remain.
As I do not speak french to any extent, finding employment will be difficult. I will have to keep as much money as possible.
It is however possible to rent fully furnished appartments / houses for about 400-500 euro a month.
It is not an ideal scenario, however it means what money I make on the sale of the house, will be nigh on intact. I will qualify for a right to stay..
I will not be able to have a van or motorhome for quite some time as a result. But once I have the papers, I will no longer have the 90 restrictions.
Glad we have made you stop and think, no-one wished you any ill will, and will still be here when you are ready to get in to motorhomeing, but afraid your dream will have to be revised and more study is needed.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Glad we have made you stop and think, no-one wished you any ill will, and will still be here when you are ready to get in to motorhomeing, but afraid your dream will have to be revised and more study is needed.

I am truly grateful, for all of your advice. I asked for help and you have helped me enormously.. You have prevented me from becoming one of those 'statistcal failures'. Thank you so very much!

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
There are some important considerations about getting the right to stay in France for more than 90 days.

It is not sufficient to just have an address in France, you must actually be here and exercise your right to become legally resident. You must have a stable residence, i.e. owning our own home, or have a long rental agreement (12 months for furnished accommodation or 3 years for unfurnished)

As an ā€œinactiveā€ you will need to have proof of regular income - a lump sum in the bank may not be acceptable, unless it is large enough that the interest meets the minimum income requirement.

You need to have medical cover. If you do not qualify for the French state scheme, you will need comprehensive medical insurance.

The above all comes from here -

<Broken link removed>

There is lots of other information in that document, and elsewhere on that site, hopefully you will find it helpful.

Apr 29, 2016
Aquitaine, France
Funster No
MH
Kentucky Estro 9
Exp
23 years
There is a self employment scheme called Auto Entrepreneur which is an easy way in to the French system, by paying taxes and becoming eligible for Carte Vitale and Carte de Sejour it may change soon (December), the French are holding fire on a lot the rules to allow for the UK residents to sort the paper work, so get a move on.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
There is a self employment scheme called Auto Entrepreneur which is an easy way in to the French system, by paying taxes and becoming eligible for Carte Vitale and Carte de Sejour it may change soon (December), the French are holding fire on a lot the rules to allow for the UK residents to sort the paper work, so get a move on.
Im trying! my neighbour has been trying to stop the sale of my house... :cry::cry: about 3 weeks of shit! lies!, defamation, slander....to be honest guys, i am so VERY grateful! For I just wanted to run away from so much crap! I am so very grateful for all of your advice... And you made me feel i was sitting around the dining room table with my loved ones!
I am so grateful to you all. So truly grateful!
ps.. council called to appologise today, said they were so sorry, but they had to do a thorough investigation incase neighbours came back a second time..... planning is on my side!
But i am hurting so much! I do not understand why people lie.....I just do not understand this!
but i am grateful you steered me well... x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back