Free Member
Jun 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Since 2013
Hello all and thank you in advance ?.

We previously had a big 6 berth Chausson motorhome. It was wonderful. Just very big to drive. So I’m looking seriously at a PVC instead.

I really like the look of the Globecars.

I have three kids, so I have been looking at a Revolution and a Vario 545.

Any feedback please as to which of these two to go for?

Also, just out of interest, is it possible to buy a Revolution which has the two double beds AND a pop top double?

Thanks very much.

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi Simon and welcome.
I love my Campscout and think it's a great campervan for us. We are a retired couple with a small cocker spaniel.
I believe that the pop tops are a factory option and the brochure has a few pics. I'm not sure anyone on here has one but someone may have seen one.
There are some Revolutions around and hopefully gerry mcg and others will be around to offer advice.
My only comment for you at this point is to be careful of payload. I have uprated my Campscout to the full 4500kg max vehicle weight. There are several threads on MHF about the process but if you do need to uprate (to accommodate all the gear required by you and 3 children!) you will need to make sure you get one of the models on the max chassis. The specification brochure shows which chassis is used for each model. I suspect the Revolution could be uprated but I don't know the Vario range.
There aren't too many dealers carrying Globecar. Where are you?
Otherwise, have fun looking.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Can't offer advice on Globecars but
animated welcome group purple.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Simon, welcome to the fun house! ?

Just to clarify, are you a family of 5 or 4, ie 2 adults & 3 kids or just you and 3 kids? If 5 then you won't find a Globecar that can carry 5 whilst travelling, I'm not sure if any or the larger campervans can.

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
I should stick with the Chausson for the reason given above.

An alternative is to take a car + a small PVC, then you can spread the 5 people around between the two, you have an ideal 'goafer' vehicle (the car!) and the kids can sleep in a awning or pop-up tent you keep in the PVC's garage.

Some people buy huge motorhomes and tow cars for this reason but that's just daft of course, also on a 5-6 berth motorhome you run out of payload. 5 people, 100kg of person + luggage = 500kg before you fill up the tank!

So get a modern frugal car that will seat 5 at a push plus a nice 5.4m or 6m PVC for the camping. That also allows you to take a part family away when one is a uni. etc, just make sure it can sleep 3 or 4 people. Globecars etc. has an optional 3rd berth worth getting anyway for the bigger dinette table.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Simon, welcome to the fun house! ?

Just to clarify, are you a family of 5 or 4, ie 2 adults & 3 kids or just you and 3 kids? If 5 then you won't find a Globecar that can carry 5 whilst travelling, I'm not sure if any or the larger campervans can.
Here's a six-metre pvc with 5 berths and five belted seats from Rapido brand Dreamer - Dreamer Select Family Van:

https://www.dreamer-van.co.uk/fourgon-family-select.php

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Guess it depends how old your children are? And yes it would be cosy.

If older, could supplement on-board accommodation with a pup tent for longer stays - but at least travel seats for 5.

And yes, payload could be tight, but either cut your cloth accordingly, so to speak, or up-plate the weight.

My son has a little Toyota pop-top Japanese import camper conversion, and they sleep 4 in that OK. Planning to holiday in the Italian Lakes in August with it - children 8 & 5.

OP
OP
S

Simon A

Free Member
Jun 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Simon and welcome.
I love my Campscout and think it's a great campervan for us. We are a retired couple with a small cocker spaniel.
I believe that the pop tops are a factory option and the brochure has a few pics. I'm not sure anyone on here has one but someone may have seen one.
There are some Revolutions around and hopefully gerry mcg and others will be around to offer advice.
My only comment for you at this point is to be careful of payload. I have uprated my Campscout to the full 4500kg max vehicle weight. There are several threads on MHF about the process but if you do need to uprate (to accommodate all the gear required by you and 3 children!) you will need to make sure you get one of the models on the max chassis. The specification brochure shows which chassis is used for each model. I suspect the Revolution could be uprated but I don't know the Vario range.
There aren't too many dealers carrying Globecar. Where are you?
Otherwise, have fun looking.
Thank you so much.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Interesting but its more like a glorified people carrier ... certainly not what I'd want to use for a family holiday as there'd be no payload for any luggage etc.
Isn’t it on the Fiat heavy chassis, so could be uprated? The weight of five people is always going to be an issue with payload, before you count all their bits and bobs! I thought it looked a well laid out van - if a little cosy with five in it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back