Which Funsters have you met this year for the first time. (1 Viewer)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
We can tell you that he's a lovely young fellow, and you can't go wrong with him as a friend! I would like everyone to meet @andy63 to see what a helpful and considerate person he is(y)
Hiya mick and Anne. .long time no see...hope all is good..
That very kind of you...I like the'' young'' bit:LOL:
Andy..

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Met a lot at the Thetford rally and at the Norfolk show ground , but REAL bad at names.
Joy sticks in our thoughts tho (Movan) Lovely gentle soul.. xx. and the both Duracell Bunnies were a nice couple too, but names names names.
Like a LOT of folk on here, look forward to meeting a lot more DucDeLuc, Tootles, Techno, Puddleduck, the Mouseys etc. Popeye, Chaser... There is an endless list..
Praps I will have to call in at Benidorm to see a lot of them this Winter..
Met Ian the builder at our place and hope to see him this week again (Hugo Boss and all)
Mitch

Xxxx likewise

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Gosh

We are in our 2nd yr of MH Fun membership so havent been to many meets but did manage Peteborough and Malvern plus the Romney Train meet in 2016.

We and the angelic (sometimes) Nelson have met some really lovely people at the meets. special mention to all those at the Romney Train meet. @peterc10, @DuxDeluxe, @scousebird, @cruiser, everyone! It was so nice to see @icantremember (Brian and Joyce) again a month later in the Lake District. Hope you guys made it to the illuminations! Definitely agree the small meets are excellent for getting to know people.
Not forgetting the lively and lovely people we met at the two Warners shows.

John & Catherine

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
It was so nice to see @icantremember (Brian and Joyce) again a month later in the Lake District. Hope you guys made it to the illuminations!
Hi J,C&N, it was great to see you again at Bowness ... I hope Catherine's blisters healed quickly .... did you get to Hill Top and did you make it to Blackpool?
We certainly enjoyed our few days in the lakes and then afterwards touring around parts of Lancashire, including a trip through the illuminations. An area we had not really visited before but found very interesting with beautiful scenery, all helped by being guided around by our friends/neighbours who were born and bred there.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Hi J,C&N, it was great to see you again at Bowness ... I hope Catherine's blisters healed quickly .... did you get to Hill Top and did you make it to Blackpool?
We certainly enjoyed our few days in the lakes and then afterwards touring around parts of Lancashire, including a trip through the illuminations. An area we had not really visited before but found very interesting with beautiful scenery, all helped by being guided around by our friends/neighbours who were born and bred there.
Hi. Yes we made it to Hilltop on foot-lots of off-road sections and very quiet as a Monday. We also managed the illuminations in the MoHo doing 2 runs through-again fairly quiet on a Tuesday night. We stayed in car park at Lytham st Anne's right next to sandy beach so Nelson happy and just £5 6pm-10am.

We drove past Clitheroe on our way home towards A1 as accident on M6. It looked a lovely area so will go back for a look sometime.

John&Catherine

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Hello Candapack :smiley: hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday. We're adjusting to being home again after nearly 5 weeks in France. Already planning to go back next year. Did you stop off in Birmingham on your way home to look at vans? Were you tempted?:smiley:
Hi. Yes, last couple of days were good, and the drive home wasn't too bad either. Re other vans, no. Reality kicked in, we actually like what we've got so we're keeping it - for a while.:D

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I haven't forgotten I met @Khizzie Roy at Canterbury park and ride, ;) just don't want ......... @gus-lopez :LOL: thinking I hang around there waiting to meet people.:ROFLMAO:

Now one has to ask........ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smirk:

What was our Toni (@dryad) and my bestest mate Bob (@bobandjanie ) doing behind the "Pub".... ?????? :Eeek:

The mind boggles.... :wink: :hugs: :giggler:

Maurice my dear friend, ;) that's how rumours start. :)
And as you know Jim put us in the position of meeting all sort of strange people in fields. :LOL:
(y) Bob.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I am always happy to have visitors at my place. I have my regular ones, and each year new (to me) funsters come and visit.
This year (well it was end of last year TBH), I had @dippingatoe , later in the year I had @Humsafer , and also @veevee , @chaser and @burtonbird . Unfortunatly due to family prob, missed DBK (sorry can't remember you real person's name ...! This is why I hate when things change, I haven't got the memory of English names) and Popeye.... I hope I didn't miss anyone else ...

I had lots and lots of other visitors ... whom I never wanted to share a drink with.... I think 120 caravans with as many cars/vans to pull them is a bit too many for my small living room:rolleyes:. Mind you I did share other things with them .... but it's nearly lunch time , I certainly wouldn't like to upset any stomach right now....:sick:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello @Cal54 I feel I've met you!!! Joy is confusing me and I have a very tiny brain!!:swear2:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Ahh yes!!! Must put Carol on my list too!!:doh:
You met Carol at Chester I think .... she has a little black and white dog.
Joy will there be A Chester meet next year? Do you think?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
TIRED TIRED Not hungover :) it was me but she has gone back to herself now .. she got fed up of having to play dumb. ;)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Oh dear, this is going to get me in trouble if I forget anyone. Going strictly on this years encounters only and 1st time meeting - and in order of meeting.
@jumar - Spain
@jumartoo - Spain
@Jenben -Spain
@Ali n Tim - Morocco
@jonegood - Morocco
@Sparkly - Morocco
@Martin1123 - Spain
Colin and Mrs Colin (sorry forgot Funster name) you made gin and tonic cake! - Spain
Wilfred and Mrs Wilfred - Spain
@Robert Clark - Spain, nearly forgot the Eating Out Meister
@tomlowry07 - Spain
@Concorde - Spain and France
@dippingatoe - France
@ianthebuilder - France
OMG! Nearly forgot, we met @ShiftZZ for the first time. - Saltfleet ( not been the same since)

And a special mention to @Bentleybill who we had met fleetingly last year, but randomly met about 6 times this year in Spain and Morocco.

I think/hope that's it but I suspect there are a couple more that should be there.

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I had a brief encounter earlier this year.......

Panda.JPG

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Not met any!

Check windscreens for stickers wherever we are but still no luck.

You must be somewhere, but can't find you.

Not lovers of rallies but like the occasional "chance" meeting, which has led to one or two lifelong friendships.

Still, we live in hope.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back