Which fridge to buy ? (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Have an old 3 way Electrolux at present and it doesn't get cool enough ...have got twin fans assisting it...need one to work off grid mostly...s/hand preferred ? Also what temp is minimum inside,?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Chris, get yourself a 12v compressor fridge, we have one in ours, cost getting on for £500 but it's the best thing in the whole van.
Works even in this heat, just from solar panel.
You are welcome to come and have a look at it if you want.
Freezer that stops frozen.

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
I don't know what size you are looking for but can recommend 12v compressor type Dometic/Waeco CRX65 or I guess the smaller CRX50 as it will be technically the same.

The CRX65 that we have managed quite adequately last summer in Holland when the ambient temperature was up to 43 degrees. It's quiet even at night and not too greedy on electricity.

As chaser says, they are fit and forget. We switch ours on to cool down and fill it before leaving home and switch it off (if we remember) when we empty it after however many weeks we have been on holiday.

The last one I bought came from CAK currently quoting £639.99 but expensive shipping @ £25 (we collected) - Jacksons currently quoting £649.95 shipping £5.95.

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
I don't know what size you are looking for but can recommend 12v compressor type Dometic/Waeco CRX65 or I guess the smaller CRX50 as it will be technically the same.

The CRX65 that we have managed quite adequately last summer in Holland when the ambient temperature was up to 43 degrees. It's quiet even at night and not too greedy on electricity.

As chaser says, they are fit and forget. We switch ours on to cool down and fill it before leaving home and switch it off (if we remember) when we empty it after however many weeks we have been on holiday.

The last one I bought came from CAK currently quoting £639.99 but expensive shipping @ £25 (we collected) - Jacksons currently quoting £649.95 shipping £5.95.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Another vote for the Waeco CRXnn - I have the CRX50

Can be set up as a fridge, fridge freezer or freezer - brilliant bit of kit and no gas (I carry motorbikes in my van, so don't want/have gas)

Not too heavy on the 12v either

Sep 11, 2018
N Wales nr Chester
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay pvc
Exp
16yrs
Yep we've just fitted a CRX65 - a phenom,phonom - b*gger - let's just say it's a vast improvement on relying on gas flamed absorption type fridge

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back