Which Eura Mobil have you got? (1 Viewer)

BGD

Banned
Aug 20, 2007
Costa Blanca, Spain.
Funster No
Hya -

Just to get things started:

We live inland from the Costa Blanca region of Spain, and we've recently got a 1992 Euro mobil 4-berth over-cab motorhome, on a Peugeot J5 2.5 litre non-turbo diesel chassis-cab base. 139,000 kms on the clock.
It has got factory fitted PAS, which apparently was a rarity at that time - but it's a damn good feature!!
It has spent most of it's life in Germany, and was then imported into the UK about 2 years ago.
I bought it here in Spain about 4 months ago off an English guy who'd used it to ferry stuff back and forth to here as he has emigrated to Spain.
It's an old dog, but everything works, and it's in superb condition for it's 15 years of age - no rust at all.
It has however got "saggy bottom" syndrome (the rear leaf springs are knackered) so I'm this week fitting a set of Grayston heavy-duty spring assisters to it to firm things up a bit.

We've already been on maybe half a dozen adventures around south eastern Spain, and we're off on a major excursion to Galicia, a region in the far North-west of Spain, in two weeks time.
Great fun - and should be even better when the temperature down here drops a bit back to tolerable heat!!!

Any other Peugeot J5/Citroen C25/Talbot Express chassis-cab chuggers from the same 1982-to-1994 chassis-cab PSA production time out there?

Cheers,

Bruce.

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Bruce
I do not have a Eura Mobil but I know some people who have, and they are superb vans. Look as though they are quality built and made to last....
Good thing is that you can spell the name of your van, some folks call them Euromobil :roflmto::roflmto:
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the van and long may it continue ::bigsmile:

Keith

H

hannah29

Deleted User
we have a 2000 810ebl...the one with twin beds at the rear....before that we had a 695vb sport with bunks.....we love it to bits. we have recently had alot of work done at major cost thanks to damp but hey ho what price do you pay for your perfect van. we use it all year round and works a treat when we go skiing through the winter

hannah

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
euramobil

Same a 660HB loads of room and nice big garage to put all the junk in

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
662HB.. brilliant van, had it 2years done 25k France Spain Portugal including roads where SWMBO said 'you wont get down there'.
Runs like a dream (transit) and gives 30+ mpg local Ford dealer vg for servicing. No problems with habitation side at all, really quality build.

Ideal for two of us who go away for months at a time, lots of storage for boys toys, only thing we did not like was the fixed table, left it at home and take a folding one.

Me. well I never could spell :Smile:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
We have an Integra 680SB 2004, we have had the van for 2 years and love it to bits.

Sadly however she is currently up for sale:cry:to help fund a house move, but to press its not sold so im planning on using it to go skiing in this winter(shh don't tell the wife)

These are great vans and we will buy another as soon as were settled darn sarf:thumb:

aido

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Co. Wicklow
Funster No
MH
Euromobil
Exp
8 years
post subject

We have a Euramobil 665HS and love it seems to be well built :Smile::thumb:

mattb

Free Member
Jun 21, 2009
Funster No
We have a 2007 Eura Mobil 660hb. Very pleased with it.

I love cycling and the garage is great for the bikes etc

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just a shame about the lack of dealer support in the UK

I got my 660HB from Belgium....Great dealer, fast and efficient support. 1.5hrs from Calais. we pop in for habitation service when we are going on holiday and normally visit Brugge which is down the road. Brownills were the dealer in 2007 when we bought it......... I would not touch them with a bargepole:Cool:

Euramobilly

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
Exp
30 years of old conversions and caravans- 5 minutes in this posh one!
Ours is an '05 Activa 600, or is it a 620? I can't remember! ::bigsmile: It looks pretty well built to me. We have only used it for a couple of nights so far. It's only done 200 miles but it did give me a turn the other day when the temperature gauge whent up to the red and the light came on. :Eeek: As soon as I opened the bonnet I could tell the gauge was telling porkies, everything was fine. Even though it's under warrenty the £5 for the new temp sender was less than the fuel to take it back. It's fine now. :Smile:

HazzleNut

Free Member
Feb 22, 2011
Portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Another one for the list

Hello there,

Just adding my motorhome to the list. A trusty 1989 Euramobil 520! (Mercedes MB100)

SAM_0554.JPG

Cheers

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Ours is a 2006 Eura Mobil profila 580. We've had it a year and love it. Of all the M/H's we have looked at since haven't really seen anything we prefer. I have to agree about the difficulty with dealership in the UK - we're probably going to drive it to the factory in Germany in a few months as getting spares here just doesn't seem easy.
Wyn

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
My previous one was a Eura Mobil 770HS (05). I loved it dearly and still miss it. Too big for my current needs though so probably wouldn't go back to it.

Amazing build quality and attention to detail. There were fewer layout niggles as well in comparison to the brand new Hymer I had. It was like the designer had actually used a Motorhome himself unlike other MH designers. :Doh:

Karl

theteapackets

Free Member
Sep 6, 2011
Midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
two years
Hello all Moby owners!

We have just acquired a 2004 636s Integra and really like it and are currently in the process of fixing all the little faults the previous owner forgot to mention, like ... water pump leaking, fridge not working on 240v, lights not switching on, lights not switching off !!!! :ROFLMAO:

Just been to France for 2 weeks and were nearly gassed by the stench coming from grey water tank - found this fab website whilst googling how to deal with smell ::bigsmile:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
You'll like it on here. They are a helpful, friendly and (in some cases) crazy lot. Welcome
Wyn

andeb

Free Member
Dec 9, 2012
On the road
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 665HS
Exp
Since 2008
::bigsmile:

Collected our new (used) EURAMOBIL 665HS last week and are currently trying it out on a campsite in Oxfordshire, 4th night and all bits seem to be working well, especially the much needed heating :Cool:
Once we are happy that all is functioning as it should be ........................

We are heading South :Cool::Cool:

(Hopefully no heating needed when we get to the south of Spain) :Eeek:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hope all goes well with your new van, bet you can not wait to get into the sun, noticed this is a old thread from 2007/11 I expect there are some new Euoramobil owners out there now.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Just to breath new life into an old thread, picking up my new (to me) 2005 Activa 770 HS on Sunday :giggle:
We picked up a Euramobil Terrestra 570HS, the HS indicates a rear U shaped lounge, in late 2018 and had our first venture in to Europe when we went to a festival near Cuxhaven. That was an adventure as it turned out that the tyres were unsuited to the weight having had two blow out on the way to the festival. German police who turned up late in the evening near Bremen were brilliant in helping us, staying with us for 3 hours while they found where to get tyres and took me 30km to a guy who would provide me with two new tyres at midnight! I had a spare of the correct load rating and bought another with the help of some Germans who were local to the festival. The dealer agreed to pay for the tyres after a few exchanges of emails. Added a solar panel last year and satellite (Oyster), used bought on Ebay. We like the layout and the quality of the fittings. Last week I at last got round to wiring up an LED strip for the awning, all the wiring was already there, just no lights! Easy job as the LED strip is stuck under the rollout case and they turn off when you start the engine. Has a double floor so acres of storage, in fact I found last year that we had too much for the 3.5 tonne limit so had to off load a few minor items. Went down to Lisbon with no issues at all from the van and returned via France meeting up with other parts of the family. Itching to go when we can but seems it may be next year.

Jan 20, 2020
Great Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A770HS
Exp
I'm a newbie
Wow, sounds like a babtism of fire for a first trip. Glad you got through it. Loving my Euramobil. Hoping to be able to fetch it back from storage this weekend to do some work on it. Will be fitting 12 and 240v external sockets for use in the air awning. I also need to pull everything out of the underfloor storage and redistribite it as when my awning is up i can't access the big storage doors on the drivers side so need to take account of this.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Wow, sounds like a babtism of fire for a first trip. Glad you got through it. Loving my Euramobil. Hoping to be able to fetch it back from storage this weekend to do some work on it. Will be fitting 12 and 240v external sockets for use in the air awning. I also need to pull everything out of the underfloor storage and redistribite it as when my awning is up i can't access the big storage doors on the drivers side so need to take account of this.
So which variety have you got?
Mine is what the Germans describe as an alcove model making it because of the high internal floor about 3.2 metres high so French tolls are high thus avoid the toll roads. His only just under 6metre as we were advised by our German friends who have a Profila. One thing we have found is that due to its height passers by cannot see into the van except through the cab windows so there is a lot of privacy and you get a better view! The waste and fresh water tanks are 150 litre capacity so you have to watch the weight (150Kg each when full) so traelwith an empty waste and only as much as you need fresh water for the travelling. the solar panel (120 watt) keeps both batteries charged and you can be off hook up for a couple of days without much travelling. We do not miss an oven as our last caravan before we bought this was a Burstner also no oven and the British van before that we gave up using the oven as it was too much faff. We are approaching 45 years of caravanning/motorhoming so now have alselves well sorted. Am looking at the semi air suspension which have seen somewhere on these forums around £320 as a kit for DIY. Will see if other half agrees in time!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back