Which electronic pass system is best? (1 Viewer)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We'll be travelling to Scandinavia soon and I wonder if anyone could advise on the best pass system to get?

We have a BroPass but I will need to pay another subscription to use it. Before I do that I'm wondering if anyone has advice on whether that is the best system to use or whether there's a better one? I read somewhere that AutoBizz and AutoPass are good. Ideally we'd like one that covers the tolls, bridges and roads... and, if at all possible, ferries.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We didn't bother with any toll system when we visited Scandi a couple of years ago. Generally we avoid toll roads but it's not really possible so where there were toll booths, we paid there. Norway has a great automated toll system but you don't have to register to use it. About 3 weeks after we got home we received an itemised bill, in sterling, which we paid to a UK agency with a credit card. We'd kept a note of every toll we'd passed through and it was accurate and the same price.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hi Terry, We've registered with EPC, who I believe is the UK company which collects the toll fees. I guess that's who you used?

I've given myself a headache trying to work out if there are discounts to be had... I believe there might be but all the different passes and bizzes are really difficult to understand.

BroBizz seems to offer automatic payment and discounts on ferries, roads, bridges and tunnels but I can't seem to find out whether the BroPass (which we already have) offers the same. I don't want to take out, and pay for, another contract if it won't really save anything. I wonder if the fees are pretty much the same whether you have a pass or just get billed as you did?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Terry, We've registered with EPC, who I believe is the UK company which collects the toll fees. I guess that's who you used?

I've given myself a headache trying to work out if there are discounts to be had... I believe there might be but all the different passes and bizzes are really difficult to understand.

BroBizz seems to offer automatic payment and discounts on ferries, roads, bridges and tunnels but I can't seem to find out whether the BroPass (which we already have) offers the same. I don't want to take out, and pay for, another contract if it won't really save anything. I wonder if the fees are pretty much the same whether you have a pass or just get billed as you did?

To be totally truthful I really can't be bothered to mess about looking for "the best deal". The only one we used was to get the Camping Keycard before we left, which most sites wanted to see (it's a camping carnet) and reading through the blurb discovered a big discount on the Denmark/Sweden ferry.

EPC may well have been the company that billed us, but as I said, we didn't register with anybody and didn't appear to be worse off.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You already have the Bropas that's the one you need if using the bridge to Sweden it saves €224 on a return crossing.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Likewise .. just used whatever roads i needed to ...
Got a bill a little after arriving home.. this was a few years ago...
More toll roads now in Norway but they seem to be reasonable priced and just about impossible to avoid completely with the major towns like kristiansand with toll roads in and out..
Andy

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Thanks for the replies.

I was just hoping to save a bit on the ferries and tolls as we racked up substantial bills on our 4 month trip to Scandinavia last year.

I believe a new system of charges and discounts came in earlier this year but i’m getting more confused as to what gizmo we need in order to get them. Our BroPass is linked to EasyGo which has discounted tolls, ferries, etc. The problem is that EasyGo is only for vehicles up to 3500 snd we’re 7500 - so we need EasyGo+ ....

I’ve emailed the relevant providers now so hopefully things should be clearer soon i’ll post if i find any savings as it may be of interest to others.

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Are these passes only a scandinavian thing or are they useful for places like France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy etc?

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
The ones I've mentioned are Scandinavia only I believe. I don't know if other countries in Europe operate similar schemes.

• Informative
Reactions: GPW

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back