Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
Looking to get a Cobb the question is which one do I get. Been on the Cobb site and lots to choose from. Looking at the Cobb Premier Barbecue Kit Combo £169 what do you Cobb users think.

Bartyfixedit

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 11, 2014
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Self Build Ducato L4H3
Exp
Since 1987
I haven't tried the new BBQ plate so can't comment on that. The dome extension is a must IMO if you want to roast a whole chicken, it is also a godsend as a wind brake during lighting.
I roast a chicken the normal way up on the roasting rack with the extension. The little thing they provide I don't get on with. I use the griddle a lot.
I would go for premier combo 1 and add the dome extension as an extra or go for the kitchen in a box.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
We have the Premier Combo 5 that we'd let go for £170 if you're interested.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I would go for the gas version. We have the normal one but you can't use charcoal on many if not most sites in Europe and the charcoal is just messy to clean up. The way the Cobb works food from the gas version will taste exactly the same.
We use a Safari Cadac now when away and only use the Cobb at home.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
We have had a Cobb Premier for years, originally bought it as it was the only thing I found that could be used in the cockpit of the boat and even though we no longer have a boat, I still wouldn't change it for the world!

We use Cobblestones and have never found it messy to clean up, just leave it overnight to cool and carefully lift out the basket and the cobblestone 9 out of 10 times will stay in one piece for disposal.

Have the frying dish (paella's, etc) , frying pan (fish in butter/sauce, etc), the extended dome and chicken rack (beer can Chicken), roast rack (meat joints), and the griddle (BBQ). I wrap the veg up in tin foil parcels with a splash of wine and put them around the base so they cook at the same time.

Not cheap but very versatile and great tasting food. I know not everyone gets on with them so I would recomend hooking up with someone who has one and trying it out before parting with your money.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
We have the gas Cobb with the frying plate option , I would not go away without my Tassimo coffee machine and the wife would not go without the cobb that's how good they are.

Growlie69

Free Member
Sep 21, 2017
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694 1992
Exp
Murvi and dayvans, until April 2017
We have had a Cobb for many years, just the basic model, that was all that was available all these years ago. excellent piece of kit, bulky but no more so than a large BBQ. very efficient with the briquettes too.
couldnt fault it. tried the Cadac too but too bulky for my liking.
Happy BBQ'ing, Growlie and Littlepony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back