Trenige

Free Member
Jun 15, 2014
Isle of Axholme .
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi, I stopped my membership with the caravan and camping club a couple of years ago, as we do go abroad a lot. However we are always at home in the summer , when kids are on school holidays. We miss the temporary holiday sites, weekend meets etc, we dont use camp sites a lot and they are so expensive here, especially in the school hols, which club is better for holiday sites caravan club, I have no experience of, or camping and caravanning club. Thanks.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we are in the same situation spending more time away, I think with children the Camping and Caravan Club with the temporary sites are ideal we like the fact you just turn up, we joined again this year but looking at the pricing and the amount we use it, I think it will be our last.
We joined the Caravan Club last year after many years away from it, joined at a show and got 2 free night vouchers and now having them at Roundtree Club site York we paid about £44 to join and our 2 free nights would have been £46.70p :ROFLMAO: so when it runs out in August we will rejoin next year when we come back to the UK and do it all again. ;) :LOL:
The Caravan Club have a great CL net work, and just stayed at a club site without toilets for £12 including electric, we like the web site easier than the C & C Club. (y)
:) Bob

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We gave up our membership of the CCC last year, after 40 years. It seemed, (to us, I hasten to say), that their facilities mostly needed a SERIOUS upgrading, plus I don't like being told where to pitch up. We have stayed in the CC, because standards are pretty uniform, (you know what your going to get even if it's your first time at that site), and, you can pick where you park. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
In a fit of enthusiasm we joined both but have stayed mostly on CC sites. Based on our experience the CC sites are better suited for motorhomes. This is not to denigrate the C & CC but what is best for tents, ie grass is not always ideal for vehicles. The CC sites we stayed on recently on our way to and from our Scotland trip were superb and at around £18 per night very good value for what you got.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We're at THS in Bridgnorth.
It's really good at £8.15 a night, close to town, did the 40s weekend here Saturday another one next Saturday.
No electric or toilets, have to use your own, but that's what they're for aren't they?
Glad we rejoined the cc&c club.
With that and the cs, s we can manage to September when we go back to Portugal for the winter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back