Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all can I ask which club most people join ? is it Caravan Club or motor caravan club ,caravan and camping club
Thanks

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
if you are a cc member and use the M6 toll a lot then its half price.
I have found that a lot of funster meets are all north of me so far this year used it 3 times, in the next 6 weeks 3 times more so it sort of pays for its self. Have used both cc and ccc sites both could do far better. Britstops is great being a funster is the best!
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That equates to less than £13 per night. I suspect you would be hard pushed to pay that little in the UK for camp sites.

not if you use CLs.. mind you, many are now upwards of £12. but still a lot under that..

we are having a four day break this month in Kent, near Broadstairs, on a nice CL with 16A EHU for £9 per night all in.. = £36

couldn't do it at that price going to France

Reactions: CWH
Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks @ScotJimland ; I get a bit dizzy when people post a blanket statement that "it's better and cheaper abroad"
Also depends whether you intend useing campsites or aires , when you go over, if mainly sites it is going to be dearer than here , acsi is a good one to join if you intend useing sites, as they are then £12, 15, or 18 a night out of season , but the aires are the thing for a cheaper holiday , say it costs £100 to the tunnel £180 fare , five nights on aires instead of £40 a night for camp and you have got your money back and in another country, better weather, and food, and cheap wine.
If you drink a lot of wine at home you also gain if you bring home say 100 bottles at £1 a bottle instead of £4 at home , that's another £300 saved.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We could certainly stay in the UK cheaper than going to France, staying on CL's andCS's would be a fairer comparison than campsites against using Aires. France is now getting expensive to go out for a coffee or beer, Spain is still cheap but of course further away.

It does depend where you live in the UK and what you want to do on your travels.

As I have said I dont think going abroad for a couple of weeks is cheaper than travelling at home BUT it wont stop me going.

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
... far west of Cornwall!

... sadly can't make this saving: wine aggravates His tinitus, & I don't really like it!

... agreed: if you're going to retire & have FUN, best to do just that!
You could sell your wine, fags as well if you do a quick tour to Belgium ;)(y):)

Upvote 0

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I joined C & CC four years ago and have never used them until last week end when I needed a stopover for an early start on the next day.

Booking was easy and the reception I received was fabulous, impressed me so much that I gave them a very positive feedback on their website.

2015-05-05 10.20.16_800x600.jpg 2015-05-05 10.19.59 HDR_800x600.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Depends on what you want barbara. I prefer caravan club purley for the quality of its facilities.
Generally the sites even cl are better equipped and run better.
I was in the ccc but left as I wasnt using them because I prefereed the caravan club.

They are generally quieter and peacful better pitches and facilties.
Phill

Upvote 0

Jackyboy61

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Britstops and the Motorhomefun for me used to be member of both CC and CCC but to many stuck up people and rules a regs ,like park by this post facing forward ,backward whatever the last site that i went on I told the plonker of a warden that I would shove his post where the sun does not shine if he didn't see common sense ,but that's an other story

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
Barbara, you lucky lady - all the way up in Cumbria!
Join 'em all I'd say and see which one(s) you use most. :)
Guess it depends how fancy free you are, and how you holiday.
My other half is a bit picky and wants 'hook up', 'showers' and 'availability' so Britstops (which we eagerly joined at the NEC) may have been a mistake.
We have a HUGE van, and can only do weekends and 2-3 big holidays each year at the moment, so the thought of having no space when we arrive is a big no-no. You may have a lot more flexibility.
Don't forget the Nightstop scheme - saved us a packet (almost pressed the button on a Haven site at close to £200 - thank goodness I didn't assume the scheme would be too popular to try). (y)
Only had 3 trips away but my tip would be to research the area where you're planning to stay and make sure it ticks most of the boxes for what you would like to do, rain OR shine!
We've enjoyed CC (Bunree), C&CC (Luss) and a C&CC CL (Secret Garden, near Wisbech) - also looking forward to a Nightstop by the seaside at Caister, in a couple of weeks - and I'm a 'glass half full 'gal. :D
We're definitely NOT a caravan and were welcomed at all.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We pay the CC and C&CC at the moment. Fully intending to dump both of them as and when the renewals come up. We have Britstops and there are plenty of other places you can pay to stay at without either of those organisations.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
not if you use CLs.. mind you, many are now upwards of £12. but still a lot under that..

we are having a four day break this month in Kent, near Broadstairs, on a nice CL with 16A EHU for £9 per night all in.. = £36

couldn't do it at that price going to France
Jim

I suspect that is the exception rather than the rule. When I have used CS's in the last couple of years they have generally been in in the £15 to £20 bracket, especially if they are within walking or cycling distance of a good tourist attraction. Paid over £20 at York last year and still had to pay for P&R into town

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Well I'm getting lost with some of the abbreviations here what are CLS and CS etc I do know the CC,MCC,C&CC
Thanks for all your input everyone

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Barbara, you lucky lady - all the way up in Cumbria!
Join 'em all I'd say and see which one(s) you use most. :)
Guess it depends how fancy free you are, and how you holiday.
My other half is a bit picky and wants 'hook up', 'showers' and 'availability' so Britstops (which we eagerly joined at the NEC) may have been a mistake.
We have a HUGE van, and can only do weekends and 2-3 big holidays each year at the moment, so the thought of having no space when we arrive is a big no-no. You may have a lot more flexibility.
Don't forget the Nightstop scheme - saved us a packet (almost pressed the button on a Haven site at close to £200 - thank goodness I didn't assume the scheme would be too popular to try). (y)
Only had 3 trips away but my tip would be to research the area where you're planning to stay and make sure it ticks most of the boxes for what you would like to do, rain OR shine!
We've enjoyed CC (Bunree), C&CC (Luss) and a C&CC CL (Secret Garden, near Wisbech) - also looking forward to a Nightstop by the seaside at Caister, in a couple of weeks - and I'm a 'glass half full 'gal. :D
We're definitely NOT a caravan and were welcomed at all.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Thankyou Jeanette for your input think we will have to join a good few clubs see which we use the most, yes we are very lucky to live where we are ,Ullswater being just 5 miles away from us so until we get used to our new van (when it arrives in June )we have a lot of nice places to stay and only a stones throw away too x

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well I'm getting lost with some of the abbreviations here what are CLS and CS etc I do know the CC,MCC,C&CC
Thanks for all your input everyone
CL and CS are the CC's and C@CC's (respectively) abbreviations for their network of small sites that they certify can take up to 5 caravans/motorhomes. Run by the owners, mostly on farms or smallholdings. Used to be very cheap, but are now getting more expensive.

Upvote 0

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Don't forget the C&CC have a great many (THS) temporary holiday sites that can get you close to big events....eg the Edinburgh Festival......the Ryder Cup and the like. They also get you to some great tourist destinations and are ideal for us motorhomers. All these are usually under a tenner for basic camping.
Another great benefit of the c&cc is out of season they arrange meets at some really good comercial sites at massive discounts.
Well worth the money in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
The one that nobody seems to have mentioned ,and probably the best , is the French passion sites , if travelling abroad .

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back