Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Dublin
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
8 years
Hello - only joined yesterday and have realised I put my question into the forum for introducing yourself!!. I will learn. We currently have a Laika motorhome and want to change in the new year but as usual we have two in mind - a Dethleff 7870L or a Burstner Elegence 821. Does anybody have either one of these - any information would be a help. Thanks to all

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Can't really offer much help in which van to choose, I would say try searching for models your looking at. I find that people tend to complain more than praise so if there are any particular problems with a brand or model you tend to see a lot of posts. Have a look for user groups but these do tend to be biased as nobody wants to admit they picked the wrohg van. With the layouts of vans it is so much of a personal choice, what might be your dream van could be somebody else's nightmare. Maybe make a list of good & bad points in the van, sometimes you might suprise yourself when you look at the results. Be overcritical in your judgement, look at the detail such as how things are made, quality of the bits used in the construction, more importantly the odd things that might annoy you.

Sorry if it's not much help but at the end of the day it can take a few vans before you get to your ideal van layout.

OP
OP
M

marymo

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Dublin
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
8 years
You are right - it can take a long time to find the right van and this is our problem now. Our Laika has a great layout - bunks at back and plenty of lounge space for ourselves and the 4 children. When the van was upgraded by Laika the lounge space was reduced which would leave us literally on top of one another.

I am in now hurry and as they say "all good things come to those who wait".
Thanks for taking time to answer my query.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back