Which cable goes where (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
I have a Avtex tv and 2 sockets on the wall. One says sat and one says tv. I have the same on my tv. The cable I have has a sat end and a tv end. Is this right for connecting the new avtex TVs with on demand and pause/ rewind. And which end plugs in where ?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I have a Avtex tv and 2 sockets on the wall. One says sat and one says tv. I have the same on my tv. The cable I have has a sat end and a tv end. Is this right for connecting the new avtex TVs with on demand and pause/ rewind. And which end plugs in where ?
How are you capturing the broadcasted signal?
Is it through a terrestrial aerial or satellite dish?
Aerial generally uses RF plugs (push on) and satellite generally use F plugs (screw on) however the plugs are interchangeable.
So, if you are using an aerial plug into RF socket at both ends and select something like TV, Freeview, etc on the TV input menu. If satellite screw F plug onto socket at both ends and select something like satellite , etc on the TV input menu.
btw adapters for both plug types are available from various places including Screwfix, etc.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Have you actually got a sat dish?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Belledog
Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
How are you capturing the broadcasted signal?
Is it through a terrestrial aerial or satellite dish?
Aerial generally uses RF plugs (push on) and satellite generally use F plugs (screw on) however the plugs are interchangeable.
So, if you are using an aerial plug into RF socket at both ends and select something like TV, Freeview, etc on the TV input menu. If satellite screw F plug onto socket at both ends and select something like satellite , etc on the TV input menu.
btw adapters for both plug types are available from various places including Screwfix, etc.
We have a max view gazelle aerial

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Ok.you connect to the points marked tv then, the one on the van may say aerial

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back