Which brand bottles (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Need to source 2 x 11kg, refillable bottles but looking around prices vary between brands
Gas it, Gaslow & prakto, not counting the lightweight ones

Looking at fleebay these are the kits for the three brands, are they all essentially the same
so buy the cheapest?, Or is one better than the other, links below for what i'm after?

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
There are sooo may threads on here ref re-fillables. Just have to search for them. Essentially the set ups are the same, but the bottles are different. If you see the Prakto set up the bottles have 4 holes in them and have better gauge take offs and safety features and comply with the R67 regs required in France, the Gaslow are the same, but much more expensive and could be the material or manufacturing process and the gas it system has only the 2 holes which isn't to the R67 regs and doesn't have an accurate gauge take off etc. You will no doubt get a good split of responses from fit the cheapest all bottles are made in the same factory so are the same etc, to gaslow are R67 and have far better safety features etc. Look at the Autogas 200 website link on the page for the make up of the bottles and on the gas it and gaslow web sites. IMHO for the money and features of safety and R67 compliance the Prakto bottles seem the best. After I have discovered if re-fillables are for me, I will be going for the Prakto set up.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't assume that Ebay is necessarily cheaper than buying direct from the seller's website, sometimes it can work out dearer on Ebay!

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
The GasLow kit on eBay has an auto changeover and a regulator added which is not nessesary and pushes the price up. 2 x 11kg bottles with a filler and connector about £400 from Hamiltons Gas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back