Free Member
Feb 11, 2008
North East Wales
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1996
:Confused:Not sure if I'm in the right category here, but as we currently have a Coachmen Concord 29' I thought I would try here first.

My missus "SWMBO", hates our current RV. We've had it about 6 months and try as I might to convince her otherwise, she hates it.

We have owned A Class Rv's for about ten years, but for varying reasons that I wont go into here, we decided to downsize to a B Class. This left us with the Concorde.

We've been out in the last couple of days looking at a replacement (staying with the B Class). At The moment we are looking at a Forest River, Lexington 29' and a Gulfstream, BT Cruiser 29'. Both in the same price range with similar layouts but the loading on the Lexington is a little better than the BT Cruiser, and it is petrol/LPG wheras the BT Cruiser is deisel. They are 2005 and 2007 respectively, both with triple slides.

Has anyone out there any experience of these models of RV's, and can you offer me any advice?

Would appreciate any advice offered!

NEV3

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Why dont you try posting on rvforum.net
Tom and the guys on there will probably answer your questions

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
My missus "SWMBO", hates our current RV. We've had it about 6 months and try as I might to convince her otherwise, she hates it.
can you offer me any advice?

And we thought Gordon Brown was in deep poo. Not as deep as you though. Have you considered a divorce lawyer and a nubile, blond, athletic Swedish girl to go with the RV you obviously like ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I was considering a BT Cruiser, that was a 2007 diesel 29ft 3 slide but the payload with 2 people on board was only 195kgs which is utterly ridiculous. To get a decent payload with a diesel engine on the ford chasis it has to be Aug 08 or later as these are built on the new lighter chasis but a lot more dosh and little chance of a used one.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I sold my 3 slide Concord last year.

I loved it but the kitchen was not good as there is no work surfaces to use. We found the layout good and the bed was comfy and at only 93 " wide it went anywhere. The 3 slides were a revelation in space and comfort and the separate couch and dining area was a real plus. :thumb:

The build quality was good and fuel economy was about 12-15mpg. We towed our 2 ton Jeep on an A frame everywhere we went and never had a problem. :thumb:

On the whole I would give it 8 out of 10 but the lack of work surface would make me think very hard about buying another one. :Sad:

Outer storage was excellent and the shower was great, I am 6`1" and could shower with no problems. The loo was "compact" but functional and more than usable.

On the whole a good vehicle but check first if you can live with the kitchen layout :Eeek:

OP
OP
N

NEV3

Free Member
Feb 11, 2008
North East Wales
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1996
No Brian, That's not an option. SWMBO is going to pay for the added expense of "upgrading" to a new RV. I reluctantly agree with her complaints, but I can live with the problems she see's. Hence her financial involvement.

Your idea is food for thought though, if our plans fall through.

NEV3

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

NEV3

Free Member
Feb 11, 2008
North East Wales
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks IanH, Did give them a try but no response as yet. Excellent Forum though.

Thanks also to Forestboy. I dont think I'll be going any further on the BT Cruiser option after your advice on the payload. I think payloads tend to get overlooked quite a bit on the RV's. We tend to think that because they are generally so much larger than the Europeans they will carry pretty much anything, forgetting that they are already well loaded with things like generators, aircon, sat dishes etc.
NEV3

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back