Which Awning? (1 Viewer)

If I needed a new awning I would buy

• Fiamma

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Omnistore

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Something else (pls post what you would buy)

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We have been told the dometic automatic wind in awning will be too heavy for our motorhome so do we choose

omnistore

fiamma

something else

What are your suggestions

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Gail, there was someone on Facebook motorhomes buy and sell thingy started by Tonka that was seeling one that would fit your van, think it was 5.5 meters and brand new, only wanted £350.

Might be worth you taking a look.

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
I have just bought a Fiamma F45s from John Cross this very week. :thumb:

It was the one thing missing from MoHo when I got her, and we decided to rectify that before our summer hol this year, as it promises to be scorchio and it would be nice to sit out under a canopy.

:sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin::sin:

Out of interest - how heavy is the dometic one? The Fiamma we got weighs in at 23kg for the 3.5m variety.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
If its the wind out bit you are talking about I think Omnister is better, at least its better for attaching storm straps to.

All (and I mean all) of the awnings that I have seen flip in the wind have been Fiamma.

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Gail, there was someone on Facebook motorhomes buy and sell thingy started by Tonka that was seeling one that would fit your van, think it was 5.5 meters and brand new, only wanted £350.

Might be worth you taking a look.

Cheers haganap. I dont have facebook so I will ask Robert to find it later on hopefully.

I have just bought a Fiamma F45s from John Cross this very week. :thumb:

Out of interest - how heavy is the dometic one? The Fiamma we got weighs in at 23kg for the 3.5m variety.

Havent got a clue sorry

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Dometic self supporting (no arms) 12 volt (no winding) automatic wind sensor (no worrying :roflmto: )

Arrive push a button, out rolls the awning. even over gravel or tarmac (no legs remember:winky:) No reaching or straining just a remote.

Open the wine and fall asleep, wind comes up, and the awning simply rolls away leaving everything safe and you blissfully unaware, in the land of nod!

Next morning when everything has calmed down, press a button on a remote control and out is comes again!

Simples!

Eddie

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Dometic self supporting (no arms) 12 volt (no winding) automatic wind sensor (no worrying :roflmto: )

Arrive push a button, out rolls the awning. even over gravel or tarmac (no legs remember:winky:) No reaching or straining just a remote.

Open the wine and fall asleep, wind comes up, and the awning simply rolls away leaving everything safe and you blissfully unaware, in the land of nod!

Next morning when everything has calmed down, press a button on a remote control and out is comes again!

Simples!

Eddie

Glamper::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ep4j8tKIU"]Dometic Premium Awning - YouTube[/ame]

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have always used Omnistor awnings with the tie downs. Never had a problem but wouldn't use a roll out in really windy conditions anyway. We use windblockers to keep out quite strong breezes which work brilliantly. Our local Omnistor dealer is less than a mile away so that sort of swayed us but there was a goid choice of products that suited us. I believe that Thule are part of Omnistor now too.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We had a Fiamma45 on the old MB608 ... used to bang around a bit in strong welsh hillside winds but always stayed put (well tied down) -

- now have a CaravanstoreZip (from John's Cross) which we've had for a couple of years now. Manual rollout and much lighter than the windout version. A lot cheaper too. Easily fitted and removed when necessary as well - just slides into the awning channel ... :Smile:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I had a GH(now the Awning Company) awning http://www.theawningcompany.co.uk/ on my last Hymer and it was bombproof and very resiliant even in winds.

I have a GH and its just brilliant and a few weeks ago we had it up with all the sides in a gale up north with 60-70mph gusts.
The downside is the price its the most expensive one on the market and sometimes comes as standard on some premium brands like RS, you would only have one of these if you were intending to keep the van for a long time to get your value out of it

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back