Free Member
Nov 17, 2011
edinburgh
Funster No
MH
looking for replacemnt
Exp
since 2005
I had a fiamma Awning fitted to my last van, which was a coach built.
We use the van mostly for my son’s mountain biking and we pitch up at an event on a Friday night and leave on a Sunday afternoon.
The Awning had no sides or front, but gave protection from the rain and a bit space for working on the bikes.
However the noise inside the van was very loud when even the slightest wind got up and when a moderate breeze arose you felt it was going to get ripped of the side of the van.
I have just bought a newer van- a Kentucky Estro 5, and wonder if anyone has any views on the best type of awning for the use I will be putting it to?
Cheers

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have just bought a newer van- a Kentucky Estro 5, and wonder if anyone has any views on the best type of awning for the use I will be putting it to?
Cheers

I'm afraid "They all do that Sir". It's a sun shade for low wind days. The world is littered with broken awnings.

Read last winter's reports from the poor souls in Zahora. All manner of awnings destroyed.

The noise with a bit of wind is horrible, can't sleep for wondering when it's going to part company.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you want/need all an 'all weather' awning to work on the bikes, better with a drive-a-way type .

Several makes to choose from, from around £150 .

They will stand up to most weather.. within reason.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I have a driveaway for sale, see ads:
Broken Link Removed

Used it for one week last summer (from new).

It is a spare.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back