Which Ato-Sat Dish is best? (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Hi all.

CAMOS Sat Dome or Auto system Dish (Alden, Kathrien, whatever).

Which do you think is best, and most importantly, why?

Principally to be used in Northern Europe, & UK.

Thank,
Papa

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi Papa

We've got a Camos - I'm sure the Oyster / Kathrein et al owners will be along soon to extol the virtures of their dishes too.

CAMOS : wind and weather proof. Enclosed in a sealed dome. No chance of driving off before cranking the dish down!!!
Totally automatic and easy to use once you discover the procedure. (I mean REALLY easy ). Literally seconds to a beautiful picture.
Excellent dealer support from Road Pro, who are the main importers.
You need a direct line of sight though, or it just searches endlessly without finding anything. Road Pro have maps of satellite coverage for it on their website.
Very easy installation.
It is, however, rather expensive.

Laurie:RollEyes:

Last edited:

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
Hi Papa

It does depend on a couple of things IMO

If you want coverage of english channels ie bbc itv and you are going to venture out of the recommended satellite footprints then you will want a large'ish dish to get the most coverage, the draw back with a raising dish is it is supseptable to incliment weather mostly strong winds.

A dome system will give you a system that can be used in all weather and a fairly good amount of reception throughout the recommended footprints.

Within the area you have mentioned either type would suffice, the avaliable dome systems would be the KVH tracvision or the Camos, I have a camos for sale it is £800 but it is faulty:cry: I am sure Roadpro would fix it for free though.:ROFLMAO:

There are a greater selection of raising dishes to many to list but most are good value for money

hope this helps

nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RoadProAndy

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Peckham, in London
Funster No
Exp
11 years
I've just come back from a trip round France, Spain & Portugal - you can see my blog at What's happening at RoadPro

If you want a simple and reliable system that will work in all weathers all over U.K. and most of northern Europe, I suggest a 40cm Camos sat-dome. I'll be putting a footprint map on our website later this week.

A Camos sat-dome is no more expensive than most folding models.

I don't know what's wrong with Nick's unit but, if the fault is caused by a defect in materials or manufacturing, of course we'll fix it.

RoadProAndy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back