Which are the best built MHs? (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have a SunLiving dating from 2016 before the "upgrade".

It's a budget Adria with the same construction but the fittings are from an older range and the upholstery will need to be replaced in 3 years or so.

The actual construction is solid although we have had a couple of leaks on the water system, one minor and a very simple fix, the other should have been a simple fix but showed up a manufacturing issue which was have now sorted but Adria are investigating.

We bought it because the layout was right for us, as was the price and we knew that we could replace anything that became worn or shabby as time goes by.

It was bought new and at the October NEC show, both things we said we would never do, but we love our van.

The previous van was a Chausson, the one before that a Hymer and the one before that a home converted Toyota. Each had it's plus and minus points. The SunLiving is the one I can (and have) spend weeks and weeks living in, the Chausson was more for a weekend or couple of weeks away at a time, the Hymer was too big to move on a day to day basis. The four vans have been over 20+ years, we haven't changed on a whim!!!!!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
But is it too wide to be legal?

I want boring. There are some things in my life where excitement and surprise are not to be desired.

Not too wide, RVs currently registered in U.K. are ok and any new ones imported will be within size limits.

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
HI, I must confess here, I have read your original post and a few others on page 1, then I skipped to this spot so missing all posts between.

When I was looking around, it came to me that I needed to have a layout that was applicable to her indoors, and myself. Based on that the only motorhome we come across that met our requirements was the Elddis 175. A good ole British make.

Why the 175? we wanted a van where we could make up individual beds very quick, as we both use the loo during the night and we can do that without disturbing each other. Also a large wash room, and funnily enough it comes with a double wardrobe(y) which has to be a bonus.

That was our choice and the reasons it was made. Also it was reduced by many thousands of dosh, that was a decent deal. Thank you Vehicle s 4 Leisure:D

Flook:wine:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back