Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Hi All,

I am going to have an alarm fitted. The choice is between the standard 'Strikeback' and it's various add on's or the 'Strikeback Growler'.

But before I make a final decision I would like bit of feedback from those of you who who have had either of these.

Spud

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Does it depend on the number of external LEDs, whether you desire a gas monitor option, if you want a lifetime warranty or, most importantly, the level of hearing loss you wish to inflict on any would be intruder given the 3 external and 2 internal sirens (I think?) on the Growler? ;) :)

I am no expert and can't speak from experience just yet, but I am booked in tomorrow for a Strikeback system installation, Vanbitz kindly found (engineered) a slot in their busy workshop schedule for us before we go to France, so we're very very thankful to the team there! (y)

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have just had the strikeback growler fitted by the lovely team at Vanbitz so ably led by Lyn, I like the idea of inflicting discomfort on nasty people who try to get in my van. We thought it well worth the extra. We also have the self monitoring tracker thingy. The LED lights are tiny but very bright, we had the option of a switch to dim them to avoid upsetting neighbours if you have them. There is also a switch to turn off the "sonic" alarm bit when you are inside the van at night. Go mad, buy it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I like Autowatch system. Find them very reliable compared to others I have had in the past....

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We've got the Growler as well. The service from Vanbitz is excellent.
You should speak to @eddievanbitz for the definitive comparison.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
This post is quite apt, as we're booked in at Vanbitz next month and I'm just going through the comparisons now, wondering whether to get the Growler, or have the Strikeback with a couple of additionals to it.
Please do keep your posts coming to the OP as I'm very interested too. Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I was booked in to get standard Strikeback with a few options today, additional locker door, LEDs, maybe rear siren etc. When that was priced up, it wasn't so far away from the full blown Growler, so we went with that instead.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Strikeback and growler for us. We are new this year. Been to France 3 times so far and feel very safe at night knowing we have this alarm. Especially using aires. Very happy great sevice and no problems(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back