Where's your favourite Tea-stop? (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, there are three large layby's there, A little further south the laybys are off the road.

I was about >> here I think

I think I stopped at that very spot last year and foolishly thought I could check my email and voicemail. What a muppet :Doh:

The A4059 which climbs up above the view you show so you can look down the valley towards the spot wherre you took your photo is also a beautiful spot, if you haven't been up there.
(I think it's the Hirwaun road)

Yes it is, but that turns back south and looks over the Cantref reservoir.

Link Removed

I think Jim was parked up at the reservoir just north of the turn-off.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: Somebody will have to help me out with this one :thumb:As you travel from Inverness to Glasgow you go over the mountain tops and come across a very beautiful landscape :thumb:It is just simply stunning :thumb:No idea what it is called but anyone who has been on the road will know where I mean :ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry

Apr 30, 2008
aldridge
Funster No
MH
waiting
Exp
8yrs
The roads we like to stop and have a cuppa are either the A478 to Cardigan or after on the A487 just past Aberaeron on our way upto Glandyfi (if coming from the South).

If coming from home we stop on the A470 towards Llangurig or after on the A44.

We used to go along the A470 the other way and stop at the layby just after Sarn which is very picturesque,but it got to be a bit nerve wracking when we were approaching the bends on the A487 between Machynlleth and Glandyfi.But at least now they are doing something about them,but it's going to take 18mnths.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Maybe we could make a map of everyones favourite tea stops, anyone up for making it? The map that is, not a brew :)

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Maybe we could make a map of everyones favourite tea stops, anyone up for making it? The map that is, not a brew :)

Sounds like a good idea.

:ROFLMAO: Somebody will have to help me out with this one :thumb:As you travel from Inverness to Glasgow you go over the mountain tops and come across a very beautiful landscape :thumb:It is just simply stunning :thumb:No idea what it is called but anyone who has been on the road will know where I mean :ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry

But this would need one big @ss pin!:ROFLMAO::winky:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Normally anywhere in the mh feels great for a cuppa but i have 2 favourite cafe's one i have visited often since i was a boy and my gran would take me is the Ritz on the front at Millport on the Isle of Cumbrae not been for abot 2 years but it still has the exact same decor it had when i went as a wee boy in the 70s and still the same family who own it.

The second was one we visited while in the outee hebrides it was Skoon artist cafe on Harris awesome cakes and stunning views from outside. The art was also very nice.

Also used to go to the Isle of Bute with my Gran and would visit the cafe owned by Lena Savarony (spelling) family.

Gerry

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
meant to put a link so you could all see it

Link Removed
been over a few times with mh no sites but ok to wild

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
nice picture

I'm always looking for somewhere to stop and put the kettle on. I travel on the A470 through the Brecons quite regularly and there are tons of places to stop and no matter what the weather, or how much of a hurry I'm in, I always stop.

I stopped for a cuppa here on Monday, and climbed the bank opposite to get a pic of my 320 watts of solar panels:Smile:

Stopping somewhere with a bit of a view and having a cup of tea is a delight that even after years of motorhoming I never tire of. Is there a road you travel where you just have to stop and have a brew?

A470.jpg

Jim is that a mini diving board on your van roof or an aerial of some kind:Cool::thumb:

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
We tend to go different places all the time (at least in UK) so for us, our favourite tea stop is simply wherever we see a nice place to stop and make some coffee and have lunch :thumb:

Rasmus

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We like this spot in Windsor Great Park.

Attachments

• P1030198.jpg
    P1030198.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 20

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Link Removed
Looks like the same place to me. What beauty!
Wyn
I think I stopped at that very spot last year and foolishly thought I could check my email and voicemail. What a muppet :Doh:

Yes it is, but that turns back south and looks over the Cantref reservoir.

Link Removed

I think Jim was parked up at the reservoir just north of the turn-off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back