Where you going this summer? (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Lose plan,Chester Easter,then on to Ireland for a week home for a week then tunnel to France see what the weather is like,Spain,Portugal,west coast France back for daughter and granddaughters visit from Australia early July for 6 weeks.That takes us up to birth of new grandchild (sons).Don't want to plan beyond that and don't have to as wife is going to retire at last.FREDOM :thumb:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Alterted plans....

I'd made all sorts of plans for this summer, which have now been thrown into disarray!

Deffo going to Newark next weekend and the Eden Camp meet at the beginning of April..... but on 12th April have taken employment as a campsite courier at a site near Bardolino, Lake Garda, until 24th September (I'll look out for you Bonio123).

I've never been to Italy before so am really looking forward to it... I've put dear old Dad on my insurance and he will visit my beloved Helga every couple of weeks to take her for a spin to stop her seizing up whilst I'm away! I was surprised it only cost an extra £15 to add him to the policy.

I'll just put more effort into getting use out of her when I get back!

Simon
:thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We just booked our outward journey this afternoon Newcastle to Amsterdam on the 17th of July, that's as far as we've got. We are in two or possibly three minds on which way to turn part of us want to head south of France for some sunshine, part wants to head back to Italy as loved it last time and the other part is thinking Scandinavia, we know it won't be that warm there but it would be a new experience for our daughter who loves visiting new countries and we always try and give her new things to see and do. You would be surprised how educational it can be visiting different places rather than the same place year on year.

That's the good thing about a MH we can leave the final decision until we leave the ferry :ROFLMAO:. So open for suggestion we have 19 days.

Gerry, can recommend Denmark and Sweden. Long drive and lengthy boat crossing, but did this on business years back......not with the mh though.
Geneva I can also recommend......would love to go back some day, might even take Margaret with me next time round:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
of to Luxembourg then Germany then Austria then chill out on lake garda may and june
august to Brittany
shows in between trips
then back to square 1 again end of year to benidorm and the madness :ROFLMAO:
bloody hard life aint it :thumb:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
whilst not able to retire (just yet, but ever hopeful for an early one!) we got a week in the lakes at easter, doing quite a few rallies ie Eden, Whitby, Southport, Warrington, Lincoln and many many more weekends and longer weekends of fun but also doing a couple of weeks in France in July. Just wait and see where we go when we can afford the time! Do fancy what Mike n Sally and now Spenders will be doing to be honest. Season on a campsite and the winter in the sun...:Cool:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Struggled to get the same time off over the summer:-(
So.. Lil northern UK tour April.. Gails party in may.. D Day in June and probably Villegly for a couple of weeks in Sept

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
I'd made all sorts of plans for this summer, which have now been thrown into disarray!

Deffo going to Newark next weekend and the Eden Camp meet at the beginning of April..... [HI]but on 12th April have taken employment as a campsite courier at a site near Bardolino, Lake Garda, until 24th September[/HI] (I'll look out for you Bonio123).

I've never been to Italy before so am really looking forward to it... I've put dear old Dad on my insurance and he will visit my beloved Helga every couple of weeks to take her for a spin to stop her seizing up whilst I'm away! I was surprised it only cost an extra £15 to add him to the policy.

I'll just put more effort into getting use out of her when I get back!

Simon

you will love lake garda been there a few times not sure what site you will b on but la rocca if thats the 1 is fantanstic have fun and enjoy cya at newark

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
In northern Spain at the moment.
Getting colder already, got the boat to Dover booked for 10 May so slow meander up through France.
MOT and service done on van , the meet in Maidstone then back to France in July meander down to Portugal.
Might go a different way down this time.
We would like to go to USA this year though.
Have to push ourselves to do something different.
Lots of you doing exciting stuff this coming year! !

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
It all depends on selling the house for us so no firm plans. Wish list for this year is (in no particular order) Shell Island, Scotland - loch hopping, Dorset Fun meet, Fix it meet, Bring & Buy, Misterton.
Don't think we will have time for much else.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
April - 4 days on the West Coast of Scotland. Motorhome hire ::bigsmile:

June - Flying to Majorca - last holiday of that type for a while as doggysitter son is moving to Glasgow to begin his traineeship. Wife won't put the pooch in to kennels - don't blame her really. Not an issue when we get a motorhome though :Smile:

August/Sept - Again, no motorhome ( next year, honest) - 7 nights in a cottage in the middle of nowhere i.e. 15-1/2 miles from Inverness and
18-1/2 miles from Fort Augustus. It is only 5 miles from Drumnadrochit (cool name) but I would have to swim over loch ness to get there. Locals would be taking pictures of the monster if I did that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

October - NEC show - hopefully after that, we will have ordered our first motorhome - roll on 2015 ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I went to Bromsgrove last weekend for the flash meet, weather was great and I wore a t shirt presumably that was summer this year, so I've been away ::bigsmile:

aldenise

Free Member
Jun 26, 2010
Cleethorpes. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki
Exp
5 years
a few shows to start with daughters wedding in june in Greece,then hope to meet up with funsters to get to know how to travel abroad, now retired hope to play more bingo and drink beer

Goshawk

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
hopefully loch lomond, oban,fort william, loch ness, nairn, grantown on spey, balmoral, arbroath, dundee etc, best laid plans :Smile: poss may june taste of haggis whisky arbroath smolkie whisky, cake, whisky, the meander back poss berwick and wherever :whatthe: we may go, and would like to go back norfolk, had 3 weeks last year, in addition hopefully some fun meets depending on hospital apps:Eeek:

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Where!

So are we, Germany, Austria and Italy mid June

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Next couple of weekends on reasonably local sites to check out all ok with some work done on van . Together with treating it to an external valeting , getting rid of a couple of years of ingrained muck and rubbish.

Easter , by order of my dearest better half and daughter in law , over to Keukenhof park for the flower display. Must admit though , googling images of the place it looks incredible . Couple of nights on a site there , to include a day out around Amsterdam and Haarlem .........then roaming around for a week .Taking in a great site we found in a place called Seraucourt le Grand .http://www.evasion-aisne.com/en/Whe...ping-du-Vivier-aux-Carpes-SERAUCOURT-LE-GRAND A night or 2 there for complete chill out and a bit of fishing on the site lakes .

Leading up to July , no set plans but will be a mix of ferry crossings for a week here and there in France , Belgium or wherever, together with weekends here on THS s .

August , wandering the West coast of Scotland for 3 weeks ,taking in some Cal Mac island hopper trips .

After that , no clue, but will be out and about regularly . Van in use all year round .

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
April : Chester meet

May : Germany 2 weeks

June : Vintage gliding club meeting Derbyshire gliding club, Peak District .

August : international vintage gliding club meet, Arnborg Denmark, the Germany

And then other places not planned yet

kat_lewis

Free Member
May 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since a nipper but only got back into it seriously recently when we inherited my mum's van
Tomtom2 you will enjoy the area around the Seraucourt site. We used to live near there and loved every minute.:Smile:
This year so far I've had to move two ferry dates as things have cropped up, one was for two weeks over easter visiting friends in France but now that has been moved to may due to hospital appointment. Hubby going over to Belgium in July so we were going to go over and sightsee whilst he worked but son now has a drama performance so hubby going on his own and we still have to fix new dates for MH booking. Various weekends penciled in diary in the uk and hopefully the sun will find us.
No big holiday planned for the summer (yet :winky::winky:) but I have managed to convince hubby the UK winter does not need our attendance this year so watching with interest the forums for meets in the winter :Cool:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Tomtom2 you will enjoy the area around the Seraucourt site. We used to live near there and loved every minute.:Smile:
:

Totally agree with you .:thumb: We were on the Seracourt site just over a fortnight ago .Supposed to be a stopover for 1 night , ended up staying 3 , reluctantly leaving to catch the ferry . That place is designed for peace andrelaxation .

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
DFDS Dover 4th May, back end of July, no particular destination, following the sun and cheap booze.::bigsmile:
Dont you just love having a motorhome!!!

Point yourself up through Poland to the Baltic States. Midsummer in Estonia and PINT cans of beer about 70p. Not just lager but local versions of bitter, stout and a passable version of Boddingtons! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

simbadog

Free Member
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Guess where I'm going tomorrow?
ski.gif

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Seraucourt is a lovely site but we were a bit upset that over 7 caravans were broken into overnight last year. They were robbed while they slept and didn't hear a thing. We wondered why our chair covers had been taken. Turned out they had taken them to use to muffle the sound of breaking glass when they broke into a car.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Off on a cruise to the Canaries then a week in Corfu in May then 2/3 weeks in France in September. In between we will be having short breaks around the UK.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We are sailing on the 20.45hrs Ferry from Plymouth today. Watching the Weather as flights to the Scillys have been cancelled, the St Mawes Ferry 's been withdrawn, so it looks as if the overnighter will be a bit "rocky!" and the sea a trifle "lumpy"
But we are both seasoned sailors so hopefully we wont have any problems.

A biento!

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Starting the second week in May until the End of June we will be sailing From Portsmouth with Brittany Ferries to Santander and touring Spain and France before returning to Calais for the Channel Tunnel crossing back home.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
In Lanzarote at moment lying in the sun::bigsmile: sorry! But it doesn't have the freedom of motor homing.

Northumberland at easter.

Arisaig, Skye and Applecross in May hopefully first voyage for the sea kayak :Eeek:

Ferry booked to Bilbao June 2 week initiation to continental motor homing, no def plans yet maybe Carcasonne and the Camargue.

5 nights on Arran June / July with daughter and new grandson

3weeks in Denmark Sweden and Norway August.

Outer Hebrides Sept.

Lots more Uk trips in between.

Never had so many plans before.... Catching up on living! :thumb:

This is the life. In between times will look after new grandson 3 days a week whilst Hubby keeps on top of the garden!

Got to enjoy what we can while we can who knows what is round the corner.:Smile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Aint movin a pain in de arse !!

At long last we have moved into our new bungalow in Gobowen, the packing cases etc. are slowly disappearing and we are making plans !!!:Doh:

Late April and all of May we are off to the West coast of Scotland and on to the Isle of Lewis...:thumb:

Using a combination of Britstops and wild camping on various beaches !! as well as the odd campsite for filling and emptying etc.::bigsmile:

November will find us on Marine Parade Dover heading to Portugal for the Winter !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
April 2nd Dover to Calais, down through Germany to Ancona on Italy's East (Adriatic) coast, Via 'the lakes'.. Then back over to Genoa and along the Med coast of France, into Spain and possibly as far as Portugal but not sure...Then come back by end of June ( to avoid the French on holiday )... We are also intending going back to Spain November-ish till end of Feb.... Never done winter in the warm before.... Cant wait to get going !!!!
Hope you all enjoy your planned trips... :thumb: Mitch.

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
We are going through Germany and Italy to Ancona and ferry to Greece first stop Lefkas.First trip in motorhome since November as had a knee replacement so looking forward to May.:Smile:

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
France for whole of June, cannot make mind up after that probably Scotland before they become independent and England makes crossing border an ordeal

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back