Where Will You All Be On Fri? (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Was Going away Monday, small C-L. But I damaged my shoulder earlier to-day, trying to move a large chunk of Motor!!. :cry: :cry: (L-H typing). So not going to happen. Currently taking Ibuprofen. in the hope it will improve in a few days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I completely understand where you are coming from I simply asked 'What is the rush' it seems that you have taken my thoughts completely the wrong way I'm sorry if I offended you. Yes we all make our own decisions and I just said for fellow campers to be cautious as seeing what has now happened in Melbourne, in my opinion for what its worth, our Daughter that live there informs us that they have now gone back into 'Lockdown' She believes that it is due to people as she put it 'Going Mad' when measures were eased a few weeks ago.

I ask also of all these people that can't wait for the pubs to re open again think. I live within 30 paces of our village pub which I frequented on a regular basis. The Landlord tells me over the fence that from the 4th on wards as customers we will have to 'Sign In' on every visit and that if one of those customers goes down with the virus all customers that were there at the same time will have to isolate for 14 days.
That's great if the person that goes down with it is JUST A VISITOR.
Not worth going to my local pub, Take my point!

My point over camping was simply you may need to use the toilets on the campsite, will these be fully sanitised after each person has used them and as for the chemical toilet emptying station again are these to be cleaned after you.
On the site we used with other full timers, the disabled toilet and showers, were left open for our use. They were cleaned once a day. With no problems. If you wash hands or sanitise regularly and after using and touching anything, their really shouldnā€™t be a problem.

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
We travelled on the Tunnel yesterday early morning. We stayed overnight at Marboue,
5 French vans and ourselves. Toilets closed, boulangerie open. Locals playing pĆ©tanque, no social distancing or bothered about whoā€™s boules they touch. Campsites and Aires are open.
Thatā€™s good. Thank you. Have a safe and happy trip

Jan 2, 2018
Crewe
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Burford
Exp
2 years (second time around) Caravanners 40 years+
Nothing got by rushing! Only poverty and kids!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Tomorrow I will be at home, trying to relax and thinking about baking a cake .

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Of down South on Saturday to catch up with family our 8 year old grand daughter will be with us she is so looking forward to seeing her grown up cousins. Hereā€™s a piccy from today Sandra rescued and released a young Blue Tit she was so thrilled
F49AEB11-AE37-4343-B825-E9B62A3589EE.jpeg

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
All I can say is What's The Rush. Why put yourself in Danger it's not worth it. Better to Stay Safe At Home for a few more weeks before using facilities that may not have been cleaned properly.
Think of the Australian rules Football player that on returning to Australia when into enforced lockdown in a Hotel paid for by the government for 14 days. On leaving he checked OK for the virus only to be checked again 3 days later after feeling unwell to find he was positive. The authorities later confirmed that despite cleaning by the Hotel staff, they believed he had caught the virus from in the Hotel room.
My motto is wait Stay Safe I won't be going to the Pub and I live next door to one, just not worth it.
What makes you think it will be any different in a few weeks? Do you know something nobody else does? The virus isnā€™t going away, ever. We need to learn to live with it.
If youā€™re worried about putting yourself in danger then you will have to stay home forever.
What you think is going to happen to make it safer in a few weeks I cannot understand.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
What makes you think it will be any different in a few weeks? Do you know something nobody else does? The virus isnā€™t going away, ever. We need to learn to live with it.
If youā€™re worried about putting yourself in danger then you will have to stay home forever.
What you think is going to happen to make it safer in a few weeks I cannot understand.
It depends why you're avoiding things. I think pubs will see an initial surge but could well be quieter midweek after a while also it remains to be seen how well people behave having seen the crowds on some beaches. Similarly with sites I think the large ones where most usually use the toilet block are likely to be very busy at the dump points. Its up to everyone to decide I wouldn't criticise anyone acting within the rules and can see a lot might decide to get out while they can before a second wave becomes more likely.

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
594657DD-9855-43DF-94DE-3F363B406CB5.jpeg

Even more reason to go abroad I guess. Maybe less people there and lots more here, staycationing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back