Where Will You All Be On Fri? (1 Viewer)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Staying home on Friday, taking the sorn off the van, going to North Berwick on Monday for a day trip. (y)
You could take it off SORN tomorrow (1st of the month) and take it out for a spin before heading away just to make sure no problems after the lay-up?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
You could take it off SORN tomorrow (1st of the month) and take it out for a spin before heading away just to make sure no problems after the lay-up?
I thought of that, but I’m busy till Monday. Typical parked up since March 27th and now busy. :Eeek: ;):ROFLMAO: Can’t wait to get out as I bought the new to me van a week before lockdown.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Staying home over the weekend then off to a CS on Monday for the week but taking the caravan so that we have the car if we want to go anywhere rather than having to use public transport. Staying within Kent so not travelling too far.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Don't know, I'm at a 'council depot parking area' north of Biarritz watching them work - right now ! - I might still be in France, on a ferry or back in the UK - have van will travel (y)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We are holding back a bit to see how wild camping is accepted again.
Thursday we are going to Brodsworth Hall. Lunch and a walk in the grounds at the booked time slot.
We have an evening show 18th of July we can stay overnight and the same in August.
A site we use in Norfolk have said they will honour our two night booking for late August. We may extend that or see how things are settling down.

Apr 3, 2018
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Burstener TD 745
Exp
since 2014
Escaping Wales, heading for the Lakedistrict😀😀😀

Jul 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
bailey autograph 745
Exp
since 2016
Home sweet home for us, going to take the moho to a weighbridge Friday as thought may be a good idea as approaching that age when licence needs to be renewed.

Sep 9, 2016
Nr Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 89
Exp
Since 2012
All I can say is What's The Rush. Why put yourself in Danger it's not worth it. Better to Stay Safe At Home for a few more weeks before using facilities that may not have been cleaned properly.
Think of the Australian rules Football player that on returning to Australia when into enforced lockdown in a Hotel paid for by the government for 14 days. On leaving he checked OK for the virus only to be checked again 3 days later after feeling unwell to find he was positive. The authorities later confirmed that despite cleaning by the Hotel staff, they believed he had caught the virus from in the Hotel room.
My motto is wait Stay Safe I won't be going to the Pub and I live next door to one, just not worth it.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
All I can say is What's The Rush. Why put yourself in Danger it's not worth it. Better to Stay Safe At Home for a few more weeks before using facilities that may not have been cleaned properly.
Think of the Australian rules Football player that on returning to Australia when into enforced lockdown in a Hotel paid for by the government for 14 days. On leaving he checked OK for the virus only to be checked again 3 days later after feeling unwell to find he was positive. The authorities later confirmed that despite cleaning by the Hotel staff, they believed he had caught the virus from in the Hotel room.
My motto is wait Stay Safe I won't be going to the Pub and I live next door to one, just not worth it.

With the greatest of respect, unfortunately, this virus isn't going anywhere and therefore, we all need to learn to adapt our lives accordingly. It will be very much a case of making our own risk assessment to enable us to continue to the best of our abilities, rather than become a prisoner of COVID-19.

We are fortunate in our chosen method of holidaying, our home on wheels is just that, an extension to our homes. We know who has slept on the pillow and the last to use the loo. We are responsible for our own cleaning regimes within and when refilling with water or emptying our grey and black, it is no different to going to a petrol station and filling your car with fuel.

I very much appreciate and respect that some are unfortunate and have underlying health issues that puts them at a far greater risk, as well as those who are just not prepared to rejoin society until the risk is zero.

But for many and myself included, it is not about rushing or putting ourselves in danger. it's about adapting to the new normal which will enable us to live a life under threat of COVID-19 and partake in what we enjoy doing in life.

I wish you well Midnightflyer (y)

Feb 5, 2018
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Minimal, but learning fast.
Looking at the scenes on beaches and in parks recently I think I'd rather stay put until all the excitement at being let out has subsided. There's still plenty of jobs needing doing at home. We are fortunate to have a small garden and good walks locally so haven't been as much imprisoned as some unfortunate folk.

Aug 27, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Nuevo called Mabel
Exp
newbie learning fast and sometimes the hard way
Will be staying at home, the thought of going anywhere near the M5 on Saturday send shivers down my spine. Imagine it will be gridlocked fro Bristol to Exeter as all the masses have been let loose on their travels

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
We’ve just left a C&MH club site, after several weeks. Looking to head to France and possibly Germany. Anyone know if camp sites and Aires are open?

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
We’ve just left a C&MH club site, after several weeks. Looking to head to France and possibly Germany. Anyone know if camp sites and Aires are open?
The following thread is great for information on those that have already ventured abroad and the general consensus is that most places are open.

Guinea pig Eurotunnel run Monday 15th early

Safe travels (y)

Sep 9, 2016
Nr Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 89
Exp
Since 2012
With the greatest of respect, unfortunately, this virus isn't going anywhere and therefore, we all need to learn to adapt our lives accordingly. It will be very much a case of making our own risk assessment to enable us to continue to the best of our abilities, rather than become a prisoner of COVID-19.

We are fortunate in our chosen method of holidaying, our home on wheels is just that, an extension to our homes. We know who has slept on the pillow and the last to use the loo. We are responsible for our own cleaning regimes within and when refilling with water or emptying our grey and black, it is no different to going to a petrol station and filling your car with fuel.

I very much appreciate and respect that some are unfortunate and have underlying health issues that puts them at a far greater risk, as well as those who are just not prepared to rejoin society until the risk is zero.

But for many and myself included, it is not about rushing or putting ourselves in danger. it's about adapting to the new normal which will enable us to live a life under threat of COVID-19 and partake in what we enjoy doing in life.

I wish you well Midnightflyer (y)
I completely understand where you are coming from I simply asked 'What is the rush' it seems that you have taken my thoughts completely the wrong way I'm sorry if I offended you. Yes we all make our own decisions and I just said for fellow campers to be cautious as seeing what has now happened in Melbourne, in my opinion for what its worth, our Daughter that live there informs us that they have now gone back into 'Lockdown' She believes that it is due to people as she put it 'Going Mad' when measures were eased a few weeks ago.

I ask also of all these people that can't wait for the pubs to re open again think. I live within 30 paces of our village pub which I frequented on a regular basis. The Landlord tells me over the fence that from the 4th on wards as customers we will have to 'Sign In' on every visit and that if one of those customers goes down with the virus all customers that were there at the same time will have to isolate for 14 days.
That's great if the person that goes down with it is JUST A VISITOR.
Not worth going to my local pub, Take my point!

My point over camping was simply you may need to use the toilets on the campsite, will these be fully sanitised after each person has used them and as for the chemical toilet emptying station again are these to be cleaned after you.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
31 July for us to go more than 5 miles from home except for essential travel.

Pity as we would have loved to meet up. I am getting regular phone calls on the landline (with appointments and medication doseage and test results) so they will know if I am not home ...........

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I completely understand where you are coming from I simply asked 'What is the rush' it seems that you have taken my thoughts completely the wrong way I'm sorry if I offended you. Yes we all make our own decisions and I just said for fellow campers to be cautious as seeing what has now happened in Melbourne, in my opinion for what its worth, our Daughter that live there informs us that they have now gone back into 'Lockdown' She believes that it is due to people as she put it 'Going Mad' when measures were eased a few weeks ago.

I ask also of all these people that can't wait for the pubs to re open again think. I live within 30 paces of our village pub which I frequented on a regular basis. The Landlord tells me over the fence that from the 4th on wards as customers we will have to 'Sign In' on every visit and that if one of those customers goes down with the virus all customers that were there at the same time will have to isolate for 14 days.
That's great if the person that goes down with it is JUST A VISITOR.
Not worth going to my local pub, Take my point!

My point over camping was simply you may need to use the toilets on the campsite, will these be fully sanitised after each person has used them and as for the chemical toilet emptying station again are these to be cleaned after you.
No offence at all (y)

Many camp sites are deciding not to open facilities for the time being and this is no doubt in view of what you have pointed out to be a concern. This suits us as we always utilise our own facilities but I appreciate that might not suit everyone.

Regarding the waste disposal points, having seen and used some of the ones in Europe, I always make a point of disinfecting them myself prior to use:sick:

All the best(y)

Apr 15, 2020
Bridlington
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
5 years and still learning
Staying home until the crazy time has passed. Waiting for Scotland to allow us back then up to the top. It's bad enough booking regimental canpsites at the best times but everyone will want to be out this weekend.
Likewise,going up for three weeks in September🚴‍♂️🚴‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️:happy:

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We travelled on the Tunnel yesterday early morning. We stayed overnight at Marboue,
5 French vans and ourselves. Toilets closed, boulangerie open. Locals playing pétanque, no social distancing or bothered about who’s boules they touch. Campsites and Aires are open.

Sep 6, 2019
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Frontier
Exp
since 2015
I'll be at the Freeman hospital this Friday having a ct scan prior to starting radiotherapy on the 21st. Then packing the MH to go away on the 4th for 2 weeks.Heading to Devon & Somerset.:imoutahere:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back