Where to quarantine in UK (1 Viewer)

Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, We are returning to UK from Spain end of January 2021 via the tunnel. Having searched all the previous threads on this issue I could only find one suggestion being the Park and Ride at Canterbury. I sent an email to the Council there for confirmation that this is acceptable for the 14 days with no reply. We have no UK address or relatives we can fall back on. Can anyone suggest any sites or locations that allow quarantining especially in Yorkshire or Cumbria if indeed there are any, where we can stay for the requisite 14 days in our MH whilst also getting food delivered. On the government site it assumes everyone has someone they can call upon and if not they will supply the accommodation at cost. Any suggestions appreciated. It would be helpful if anyone has actually quarantined for 14 days without any support whatsoever to pass on their experience detailing where and when.
atb

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
I can't help up north but if you are stuck I know a couple of places in Suffolk you could pull onto for 14 days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
How can you properly quarantine in a Motorhome?
Could you organise food deliveries...
What about services - still have to empty & fill up.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Surely some of the CCC and CAMC sites will be open (joining would be worthwhile as it's approx £5 per night cheaper)?

Also commercial sites will be available and can be found with a little bit of searching in your desired areas.

Gordon

OP
OP
Neil n Pat
Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012

Exactly.......

Any suggestions appreciated. It would be helpful if anyone has actually quarantined for 14 days without any support whatsoever to pass on their experience detailing where and when.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Give me a call, 07972393260. I've tried your email and it bounced back, I've also tried to start conversation with you and that didn't seem to work either, odd I've never had a problem PM sending on here before

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

If your on a site, then online ordering such as Tesco's or Asda and the like for food deliveries if you have not stocked up enough for 14 days and motorhoming folk are normally a friendly helpful bunch, and I'm sure they would oblige with a cassette empty and fresh water fill for a few bottles of premium Spanish beer. ;)

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
If your on a site, then online ordering such as Tesco's or Asda and the like for food deliveries if you have not stocked up enough for 14 days...
For what it’s worth, we were on a CAMC site a couple of weeks ago, and the warden told us that since the pandemic started they have been allowing supermarket deliveries on site, where previously they hadn’t.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
You mentioned Canterbury aire several moho were there during lockdown we spoke to one guy who had been there for 13 weeks. I think you need to speak to the main man people on here know his name and contact they have spoken of him in the past .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back