Where to put them near Lisbon?? (1 Viewer)

The Beveridges

Free Member
Dec 24, 2015
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Not long enough
Help required please. We are presently in the Murcia area and have 2 friends flying into Lisbon mid February for 5 days and we need to find them hotel accommodation somewhere nice. We haven't been there in the motorhome before and finding somewhere suitable is tricky.

We either need to pick them up in the van or meet them on foot. My friends have suggested Sintra which looks nice but I can't find a campsite their for us. We need a nice town or village that can accommodate both them and us with transport links to show them around. Coastal or inland, it doesn't matter.

Perhaps this is a tall order? Can anyone offer any advice.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We've stayed at the Hotel Baia in Cascais, and found it very nice - the sea view rooms with balconies are worth the extra. Cascais is well-connected with a regular train service into Lisbon, and I think there is either a campsite or an aire nearby.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
We found Sintra fascinating but possibly one of the biggest and most expensive tourist traps in Europe. How about the old town in Lisboa?

Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Beveridges

The Beveridges

Free Member
Dec 24, 2015
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Not long enough
Thanks, I think we need a campsite as we MUST be settled in the area for them coming. I haven't found a campsite in Cascais, campsites seem to be like hens teeth in the Lisbon area. I will keep searching, I will check out the hotel though, thanks.
Caroline

OP
OP
The Beveridges

The Beveridges

Free Member
Dec 24, 2015
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Not long enough
Good to know Dick, since I don't know Lisbon that is really helpful too. I will look into that.
Cheers Caroline

OP
OP
The Beveridges

The Beveridges

Free Member
Dec 24, 2015
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Not long enough
Brian

What a star, will check these hotels out after my tea. It will certainly give me something to do in the van this evening. Cheers, all help much appreciated. x

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks, I think we need a campsite as we MUST be settled in the area for them coming. I haven't found a campsite in Cascais, campsites seem to be like hens teeth in the Lisbon area. I will keep searching, I will check out the hotel though, thanks.
Caroline

What about Orbitur Guincho http://www.orbitur.com/campsite-orbitur-guincho ? Personally, I'm not a fan of Orbitur, but it may suit your needs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back