Jammel1980

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hockley
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Top Driver 68
Exp
Morning all , we've been trying to work out where to put the blue chemicals that came with our motorhome for the flush but are stumped . It's a manual flush toilet but works off the water pump and waste goes into a marine tank (we think it's called) do we just pour the chemical straight into the hole and manually clean the bowl? Thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes. Put the chemical straight into the cassette and add some water.

If you pour it straight down the hole in the toilet be careful not to get any on the toilet itself as it can sometimes stain.

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
As above... But...

You are better of putting a drop in the tank when you empty, less chance of staining your wc bowl.. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Now they will be even more confused with reference to a "cassette" the OP said "marine tank" so that would suggest a marine or black tank is the holding tank, I know little about these but believe you can use blue the same as a cassette.

Possibly some clarification from @Jammel1980 might help.

Martin

Upvote 0

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Hi,

What type of motorhome do you have?

Sounds more like my American RV if it has a marine loo with a black waste tank. Mine had a valve on rear underside of vehicle that a pipe connected to.

If it is flush additive and your loo uses fresh water from you main water tank (which as you mention the water pump that is what it sounds like) the flush additive is no use to you - unless you like coloured and horrible tasting drinking water.

The flush additive was for a cassette type loo that had its own tank and needed to be filled up fairly regularly.

The separate tank does not seem that common from the motorhomes I have seen more recently however when I bought mine last year some flush additive came with it in a starter pack and is of no use on my motorhome.

The flush additives I have seen before are normally a pink colour but some may be blue but if it is actually chemical for a cassette loo (cassette is a small box that fits under toilet bowl and is removed through a small access door for emptying - common on U.K. & EU Motorhome.)

Once cassette is empty you put about 1.5 litres of fresh water and chemical of choice to break down substances and neutralise smells.

I do not remember using any chemical on my marine toilet but it was 18 years ago so memory could be failing me.

If the blue liquid is actually chemical instead you could pour it down open trap as suggested but the blue stuff is pretty horrible and banned from some sites and as mentioned stains like crazy. There are more eco friendly things to use which include some ingenious suggestions on this site but I just go for the green additive made by maker of my loo.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jammel1980

Jammel1980

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hockley
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Top Driver 68
Exp
Thanks for all the replies.
We have a 1998 Mobilvetta Driver 68, No we don’t have a cassette it’s a large tank underneath that we connect a hose to or place a bucket under (if you’re brave). We pull a lever on the toilet and it’s uses the water pump, we do have 2 large fresh water tanks (80L each) on board but we think the shower, bathroom sink, kitchen sink and toilet all pull water from both the tanks but we can’t be sure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thanks for all the replies.
We have a 1998 Mobilvetta Driver 68, No we don’t have a cassette it’s a large tank underneath that we connect a hose to or place a bucket under (if you’re brave). We pull a lever on the toilet and it’s uses the water pump, we do have 2 large fresh water tanks (80L each) on board but we think the shower, bathroom sink, kitchen sink and toilet all pull water from both the tanks but we can’t be sure.
I have similar. The blue goes into the tank. I don't use it anymore as I use bio tablets-. That way I am able to dump even when it is a septic tank facility. ( & at home .lol)
You are correct in that the water flush comes straight from the main tank via the pump which supplies all the other facilities , shower, sink taps, basin tapsetc.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back