Where to mount LR1218 ? (1 Viewer)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I'm assuming close to the electroblok but where exactly ?
I can't see an obvious place for it to go.

I'm also struggling to work out the best route for cabling from the solar panel.
I'm currently thinking left of the habitation door, straight down, then into the cabinet towards the electroblok.

Van is a 2005 A Class Hymer, any advice would be appreciated !

Attachments

• IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1076.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1077.JPG
    IMG_1077.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I did wonder if that was the case. Looks like I'll be losing that cubby space then...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have 2005 B584. My Electroblok is mounted in the same place as yours & there's space above the front wheel arch. I mounted my solar controller (admittedly not the LR1218) in the space under the Electroblok. Panel cabling enters the OS ceiling centre locker, heads down towards the floor following the under locker lights wiring, then forwards to the cab following the existing cable run. If it helps the aluminium trim at the bottom of the entrance doorway covers the wiring run.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On my B584 I mounted mine below Electroblok, in the space below cupboard and as high I could so it's not knocked by maps that we keep there. I will take a photo later and post it.
My cables run through left lockers, that's the side my panel is, and down front edge of windows, under sofa and into Electroblok space but your doors different and I think if you put it in mini trunking ( cheap from Screwfix) your route would be ok.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just took photos of my regulator position, this is under Electoblok.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 35

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have 2005 B584. My Electroblok is mounted in the same place as yours & there's space above the front wheel arch. I mounted my solar controller (admittedly not the LR1218) in the space under the Electroblok. Panel cabling enters the OS ceiling centre locker, heads down towards the floor following the under locker lights wiring, then forwards to the cab following the existing cable run. If it helps the aluminium trim at the bottom of the entrance doorway covers the wiring run.
We did same cable run but put LR1218 in same box as elektrobloc. Have PMd our phone number if you want a chat.

OP
OP
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Massive thanks to all of you.

I know exactly where I'm going with it now.

Cable entry in wardrobe, down towards boiler, follow heating duct to hab door, under the aluminium trim and on towards the electroblok. As suggested will mount the controller down low.
Was easy once I'd worked out how to remove the drawers. Will be a much better install now.

I'm now thinking of fitting a reversing camera at the same time, as cable routes would be identical.
Only real difference is using a weatherproof box for cable entry instead of the twin cable gland that I've already purchased.
Has anyone else done similar ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back