where to go this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
we have found ourselves with a long weekend we hadnt expected so want to make the most of it.
we are happy to travel upto 150 miles hubby likes to fish i like nice pub lunch we both like a short walk or nearby bus stop so we can have a look around dont mind seaside or towns , maybe theres a festival or some sort of event you could recomend just want to get away.forgot to mention we have a dog.
all sugestions welcome thanks .

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
uk.campsite.co.uk

OP
OP
sillybug
Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
thanks cranky have looked on there and have found a couple of possibilities but hoped a funster might be able to recomend somewhere or better still no where there was a festival or event that we could attend maybe find a site close by:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You might be able to find something here. It's not a very friendly site for a tablet but should be OK on a PC, but I did see the world snail racing championships are on this Saturday. So get training your mollusc and send us some pictures. Broken Link Removed

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Link Removedat Sheringham 18-20 July, with rides on Steam Trains in between- quite a few camp sites on the rail or coastal bus link to Sheringham. Always the CC or C&CC at West Runton.

Cheers

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I can maybe tick some boxes for you but imagine it is about at your max distance (thinking when we were doing it t'other way round).

I have mentioned it on another thread but the c&cc site at conkers in the national forest, Leics/Derbys border.

Fishing and eating is within walking distance at shortheathwater.co.uk. There's also a new youth hostel next door to the site that's licensed. Dog walking is brill, miles and miles of trails.

Within a few miles you have Calke Abbey, National Arboretum, places like Melbourne. Not sure how easy these are if relying on public transport.

Cant help with the events side but all these places do have stuff running from time to time.

Deb

OP
OP
sillybug
Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
thanks for all your suggestions but looks like we are off up the lincolnshire coast and see what we find:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back