Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
In a week or so we will have come to the end of our tour of the romantic road in Fussen. We can't decide where to go from there, got no timescale really. Seems like a few of you are well travelled round Switzerland, Italy & austria for starters, So, where would you go next given the choice? (Home is not an answer)
Suggestions pretty please

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Italy for me Tuscany area also Assisi the various lakes, wonderful. If you go into Switzerland don't forget you will need a Vignette . Enjoy where ever you choose. (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We will be going south from Fussen, on non-motorway Austrian roads, Reschen Pass, and into Italy for Garda. It's a glorious route. Find Camping Sagemuhle, on Stelvio road in Italy and Enjoy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
We will be going south from Fussen, on non-motorway Austrian roads, Reschen Pass, and into Italy for Garda. It's a glorious route. Find Camping Sagemuhle, on Stelvio road in Italy and Enjoy!
Thanks, wow that looks super! We both quite fancy that. Are you staying there? Do we need any passes/etc for the roads please?

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Italy for me Tuscany area also Assisi the various lakes, wonderful. If you go into Switzerland don't forget you will need a Vignette . Enjoy where ever you choose. (y)
Do you need the vignette even if you don't stop over in Switzerland?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks, wow that looks super! We both quite fancy that. Are you staying there? Do we need any passes/etc for the roads please?

Don't know if we'll be staying but it's always on the cards. Lovely town. We could stop only 2 nights because it was fully booked, "we'll be back" was certainly in mind. Two gems, they speak only German in that region and the apple groves, miles and miles and miles of apples.

And further on, near Trentino, Lago di Caldonazzo, another must visit place, another "we'll be back". One campsite we managed just one night, fully booked again and similar standard to Sagemuhle but there are many sites and many many restaurants.

No passes for the Reschen Pass route as long as you don't stray into a motorway, there is one island that is quite scary, looks like you are on to the mway but the following exit is non-mway.

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks very much @hilldweller, just one more question if you don't mind, and if you do, :love: what time of year was it when you couldn't get in? We would expect to be there in next 3 weeks ish

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I think we're heading towards Fussen this summer, on route to the Italian Lakes and Venice.

After Fussen, the plan is to head east, I'm thinking Innsbruck, Lake Achensee and perhaps 'The Eagle's Nest' at Berchtesgarden

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Looks like Italy has the vote, good job I brought my Italian maps!
Thanks so much for the info everyone:gracias:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Lucky devils, I'll be there soon enough.

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
@hilldweller
In case we do wander onto motorways how/where do we get the pass from? As we are already over here, can we get one as we go over the border?
Approximately how much would we need for the tolls on the landecker tunnel and the reschen pass? Help much appreciated

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
I think we're heading towards Fussen this summer, on route to the Italian Lakes and Venice.

After Fussen, the plan is to head east, I'm thinking Innsbruck, Lake Achensee and perhaps 'The Eagle's Nest' at Berchtesgarden

Eagle's Nest well worth a visit, the view is stunning from the top, I stayed here.

http://www.allweglehen.de/en/

You can't drive all the way you have to get a bus, but you can park a motorhome in the close area to where the bus leaves from.

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks for the info, that looks interesting too!

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Ho humm had lovely weather getting this far but last night it started raining and looks like its going to rain and thunderstorms for next days !!! Sit it out, hope forecast changes, just get on with it?? :crying:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back