Where to go for service & MOT in Surrey...? (1 Viewer)

cbuk99

Free Member
Oct 3, 2008
Funster No
I have purchased an old 1980 Mercedes Benz Sprinter compass clipper motorhome (pic in avatar)
I have recently moved to Surrey but am struggling to find somehwere where I can get it serviced and MOTd.
Any advice welcome
Thanks
Chris

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
I have purchased an old 1980 Mercedes Benz Sprinter compass clipper motorhome (pic in avatar)
I have recently moved to Surrey but am struggling to find somehwere where I can get it serviced and MOTd.
Any advice welcome
Thanks
Chris

For MOT go to AtkinsTransport near Guildford / Woking. I have used them for the last two years and will be going again soon. Very friendly and helpful people. They do lorries and buses there so will be no problems with vehicle size.

They do have separate workshops there as well but not sure if they do private vehicles; may only do 'contracts' but you could ask. Can't recommend the workshop though because I have never used them.

Their direct dial to the MOT station is 01483213119. They are located north of Guildford by pass just off and alongside the A3 on the junction for Send. Try multi map on their post code of GU23 7LN . If I remember right, turn off to Send, then at the small roundabout go right round and take the last exit, down what seems to be a bit of unused old road and they are on the left.

Atkins Transport Management
Burnt Common Centre, London Rd, Send, Woking, Surrey GU23 7LN
Main number 01483 213100

Harvey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Not too sure what part of Surrey you are located I have found P J Warren (01252 835436) Frimley Green Road, Frimley Green (nr Lakeside) fine on mot.s done my van 2 years on trot and will have it again in April We have the same Mercedes 207d based van

Regards Charles

Upvote 0

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
An 'M.O.T.' day out.

Took the old Renault master to Atkins for MOT yesterday. It is a bit of a trek for us, but we make a day out of it. Stopped off first, on the way, at the excellent garden centre at Bagshot Lea near Farnham. We thought that a lot of the plants, although in good condition and well laid out, were expensive but found a couple of large stone plant pots reduced to £1.99 each. We snapped those up and then proceeded over the Hogs Back towards Atkins. Arriving half an hour early we stopped in the service road for a brew, then whizzed into Atkins yard and were waved directly into the MOT bay and onto the lift.

There was a large six wheel motorhome in the car-park, just had, or waiting for it's test. At Atkins there is room to stand and watch the proceedings and be helpful if required. I'd already pulled the bonnet release 'cause they always have trouble finding it on the Renault. The first thing they do is check the emissions and I was prepared to yell out, " it's on the nearside half way along the side' so that saved them a bit of time looking for the exhaust pipe....... mind you they can't see the read out screen from round that side so a bit shouting out numbers goes on between the testers.

The Renault passed with no problems: I won't say 'with flying colours': I have never received 'flying colours' at the end of an MOT as some other people seem to do.:Smile:

In the office, while lots of money was removed from my bank account, we had a look at the selection of 'classic bus' photographs on the wall, that had been given to the testers over the years.

We drove back out onto the service road and parked up for lunch. The next vehicle in the bay was a huge Gold RV. We were serenaded during our lunch by the sounds of the huge engine thrumming, the hissing of brakes and the deep blast sound of the air horn.

We chose a different route home and just after a 'road ahead closed' sign there was a 'diversion' sign, so we followed it until we came to the closed bridge that we should be going under: another diversion sign though, lead us along a road scattered with 10mph 'speed bumps' and then we came to the 'armed guarded' gates of an army encampment!

Is this a 'through route'? I asked, innocently? ........... after retracing our steps back over the speed bumps we eventually got back on the proper diversion route and had a pleasant country drive home.

So there it is, M.O.T.s can be fun.::bigsmile:

Harvey

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back