Where to go for a winter break in UK (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
But what makes you think that you will be unable to go to Spain in the winter? We are planning an early spring trip to Spain and Portugal.
96 year old mother who went into a care home in August but doesn't want to stay there so may (more than likely will) have to deal with her demands for a while yet. Had hoped to get to Spain for a couple of months at least but if we can't then we'll do a break in the UK, hence this thread.

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
Another one for Suffolk?Norfolk we had a good week there in the summer. We wild camped other than two nights, we stayed at a village hall for £7 inc services, and a motel for £10 at a touristy town without other parking. Very nice towns and villages to visit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We always go here in January:

Seahouses is lovely and there's a gorgeous beach for the dogs. There are several places to eat in Seahouses, including the excellent Links Hotel. The site is very clean and tidy, with dedicated pitches for caravans and motorhomes. The price of the pitch includes free entrance to the Leisure facilities, which includes a pool, spa, sauna, steam rooms and a well equipped gym. You can also book yourself in for a beauty treatment. The licensed coffee shop/Bistro allows dogs and serves breakfast, and a decent menu.

We like going there because in the winter, after it goes dark, you can be stuck for something to do. We go in the pool at about 4pm and then have an early drink in the Bistro. It's not the cheapest place to go but we think it's worth it because of the excellent facilities.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just want to say thanks to all who've contributed to this, as we're going to be postponing our trip to Spain until sometime next year (spring hopefully!) I'm gonna investigate all the suggestions ... keep 'em coming! :giggle:

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
The Cotswolds is a good place to visit, it’s quieter in the winter but has the advantage that lots of things are still open. Broadway, Moreton in Marsh, Bibury , Stow on Wold, Bourton on the Water along with Burford are all the more well known stop offs and are worth a wander around .

Cirencester is a lovely market town and the c&mc site is by the Bathurst Estate with a great walk into the town itself.

If you are a member of the National Trust, there are quite a few places to visit in the area, granted many of the houses won’t be open but in lots of cases the grounds are still accessible at that time of year .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I saw someone’s photos of Bath recently - stunning - really want to visit now. You could combine with Cotswolds.
Yes it’s a lovely city , along with Oxford as well which could also be combined with the Cotswolds,

My paddle board teacher shared photos of paddle boarding along the river in central Bath this week, it was such a different view of the city .

I do miss the Bath Christmas Market .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back