where to go abroad this time of year (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Desperate for some sun!!! Two choices 1. spend £1000 for a week away in a hotel somewhere sunny like Tenerife or take the camper abroad for a longer period but need to go somewhere where we'd get some sun & it's warmer than the UK. Any ideas???

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Desperate for some sun!!! Two choices 1. spend £1000 for a week away in a hotel somewhere sunny like Tenerife or take the camper abroad for a longer period but need to go somewhere where we'd get some sun & it's warmer than the UK. Any ideas???

I reckon you'll have to go quite a way. The further east in Europe you go, the colder it gets. Turkey for instance is struggling at 4deg C, and Greece is no better.

Personally, I'd go to Tenerife.

Or how about The Gambia. Not expensive to get there, and it's about 35deg C there right now. If you do decide to go there, I can offer some help and advice.

solidgold

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
winter sun

We're in Benidorm, warm, dry, sunny, cheap, can go a bit chilly at night, loads of entertainment, not too Spanish but it will do for the next few weeks until the weather gets warmer back home:Cool:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Portugal, or Italy. Either way you will have a great time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Roquetas de Mar, mate.
20[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]°C daily, blue skies, no cloud, hardly any wind, dropping to a freezing 13[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]°C at night. Projection for the next two weeks, the same. (€8/night over 60 nights), don't rush.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Probably a bit far though and cost about£1,000 to get here and return.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]JK
[/FONT]

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Roquetas de Mar, mate.
20[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]°C daily, blue skies, no cloud, hardly any wind, dropping to a freezing 13[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]°C at night. Projection for the next two weeks, the same. (€8/night over 60 nights), don't rush.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Probably a bit far though and cost about£1,000 to get here and return.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]JK
[/FONT]

Gets my vote :thumb:

This region of Spain has the mildest, driest winter weather. Fact.
We spent 3 months at Roquetas, 2006/2007, great site, huge double pitches in winter, close to town and beach with great cycling and walking.
While there, people were arriving from the Algarve and Western Spain to escape the poor weather.

degzy

Free Member
Feb 1, 2009
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Since 2008
Tenerife

Tenerife, it's got to be the best place for the better weather this time of year. Enjoy.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Cant believe no-one has suggested Egypt yet.

Its glorious this time of year and not to busy, cheap as well and only 4 hours away (same as Turkey or Greece)

There is a Red Sea cruise for 8 days with Thompson holidays leaving around the beginning of Feb for about £500 including flights and ending up in Barcelona so only a 2 hour flight home. We looked at it but cant go:cry::cry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Tenerife, it's got to be the best place for the better weather this time of year. Enjoy.

Nothing is guaranteed these days, wasn't someone killed in a flood this time last year ?

I want to return one day just to see the stars on Mt Teide. I've never experienced anything like it.

So why did the BBC fly that low grade presenter girl to Hawaii instead of Tenerife ?

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
MOROCCO! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: we have been on a site near Agadir 8€ a night, for the last 11 days, it's been wall to wall sunshine and 25 to 31deg every day. lovely after a damp chilly week at Zahora!!!
bambi 2

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Gets my vote :thumb:

This region of Spain has the mildest, driest winter weather. Fact.
We spent 3 months at Roquetas, 2006/2007, great site, huge double pitches in winter, close to town and beach with great cycling and walking.
While there, people were arriving from the Algarve and Western Spain to escape the poor weather.

This sounds great, but could you tell me the name of the site??? or the coordinates please.

We are really fed up with the weather and need some sun, now we have our motorhome back at last!!

Ginny and Mike

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
This sounds great, but could you tell me the name of the site??? or the coordinates please.

We are really fed up with the weather and need some sun, now we have our motorhome back at last!!

Ginny and Mike

Good to hear it has been done at last Ginny.

We now at Zahora ( don't be put off by the whiners) it's OK, but nowhere is going to be a guaranteed hot spot, after all it is winter. But south is better and we have already had some lovely sunny days and I'm sure more will be coming. :sin:

Maybe we will see you at some point, and I can guarantee it will be better than the UK. :thumb:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Depends on your budget and time frame---------------If we were desperate for some Sun (bearing in mind nothing is guarenteed) We would scour the net for Jan/Feb package deals-----we have done it several times------including The Gambia, India and Majorca----------it does mean leaving the m/home on the drive----BUT it offers fantastic value !!!
Agadier should be OK at this time of the year, but it is quite a long (expensive) drive-----but flight ????????
Good luck
Nigel & Pamala

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back