Where to get x250 fuel filter assembly on ebay and how to fit? (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
There's various people selling the fuel filter + housing assembly on ebay, has anyone bought and can recommend a supplier? Can anyone take me through how to swap out the fuel filter assembly. I will not be attempting to change the filter just the whole assembly.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I bought the special tool to carry with me and my garage changed the fuel filter at a service. I sought reassurance that they had tightened it correctly and of course was told that of course they knew what they were doing. Coming back from Spain last year I thought we had used a lot of fuel and found the filter housing leaking so took it off, put it in my vice and used the special tool on it. No problems since.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ToBoldlyGo
Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
Thanks for the description of how to do it, it's quick release couplings for the fuel lines is it? Part of the reason I'm probably going to do it myself, is it's safely in storage at the mo and it's a 30min drive to the garage, and what do I do if it leaks again, as the RAC would charge to come out again for the same fault I believe. Also the cost is silly, £240 for the housing if the garage buy it, and then £40 on top for a filter ...

I got mine from Coastal Motorhomes delivered in a couple of days and fitted in a matter of minutes. The unit literally lifts off the brackets and the quick release couplings and electrical commections slid off and on easily.
https://coastalmotorhomes.co.uk/

OP
OP
ToBoldlyGo
Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
I've swapped the fuel filter + housing now. I'm still unsure about the rapid connectors! The top went back in with a clear 'click' but the bottom one was more of a clunk. How can I tell that they are locked properly?

OP
OP
ToBoldlyGo
Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
One more thing, I bought the filter+housing from coastal motorhome as above. At one stage I couldn't see how the bottom electrical connector came off and actually the part I'd been sent looked different from what was on the vehicle (to my very untrained eye) so I emailed them. 10 minutes later they phoned up and explained what I was looking at was my own wiring harness and that there is only one type of unit for my vehicle; it was fantastic get such quick reassurance that I was not going down an alley! Somewhere I've seen there are actually some photos of the electrical connectors.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I'm sure @Techno replaced his as I remember seeing a post that he bought one and had made a special tool to help do the job.
If you do a search on here for Techno & fuel filter you may find it.
Alternatively, Andy may see this and post some advice.

Ps, Andy, I still have your plastic storage bin and Stanley knife!

OP
OP
ToBoldlyGo
Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
It's all complete now. I can see it's a 15 min job if you know what youre doing ... but it took me a lot longer.

Jan 11, 2014
Medway, Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Well done marc4242! It took me quite a time to replace mine , it was only when I realised that the filter lifted out of the holding bracket that it all fell into place. I look on it as good learning curve and I'm pleased that I didn't agree to pay someone else over £200 to supply and fit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back