Free Member
May 22, 2013
Ochiltree
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Im a newbie.
I have brought my 89 kontiki up to date inside but I am left with this. Does anyone know where I can get a new or more up to date version. I have tried everywhere.

Attachments

• Control Panel.jpg
    Control Panel.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I have brought my 89 kontiki up to date inside but I am left with this. Does anyone know where I can get a new or more up to date version. I have tried everywhere.

Is there meant to be a picture or are we to guess what it is you want?

OP
OP
L

Lisett

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Ochiltree
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Im a newbie.
Sorry forgot to attach it. :Doh:

Or perhaps a more up to date Kontiki ?

Oooh a low blow Jay. However never a truer word has been said.:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Caravan breakers seem the obvious answer.. do a web search there are quite a few around..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If the existing one is working ok, why not just cover it over with a neat box ?
Even a hanging picture with a couple of nice spacers ( strip of beading wood perhaps ? ) would do the job :thumb:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

Have you tried Magnum Motorhomes or O'Leary Motorhomes? Both usually stock a few options.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It's more a direct replacement I'm after. Olearys don't do one.

You won't find a more modern one that is a direct replacement I'm afraid. When they update manufacturer's tend to change everything. Best suggestion is to remove it, remove all the gubbins, then rub down & spray the front a colour of your choice using a rattle-can. If you print the appropriate words / symbols onto an OH projector slide using your PC / printer you can make a very professional job.

mcflipflop

Free Member
May 11, 2014
Looe
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2007
mcflipflop

Hello all, I'm probably looking on the wrong page but does anyone know where I can get a rear ladder for my Autotrail Cheyenne, excluding the manufacturers.
thanks Mac.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
no such thing as an exact replacement for that fuseboard, but there is very little can go wrong on them either

either respray it or cover with stickybacked vinyl to update its look

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Did you speak to O'learys or just look on the web site? You could always buy the Sargent unit off them to replace yours with @£150 Would not take a lot to rewire and you would have a nice 12 amp 3 stage smart charger built in to boot :Smile:
terry

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
you could loose it all together its just a switch fuse box and meter tuck the fuses away inside a cupboard then find a switch and small meter, if you realy need it on display move it back and fit a door over it

OP
OP
L

Lisett

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Ochiltree
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Im a newbie.
I gave olearys a phone with no luck. There is absolutely no issues with it not working. It is as simple as you get after all. I'm just looking to bring it into the present time zone with the rest.

And if not then maybe the 90's.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Personally I'd leave well alone ... if it ain't broke then why bother replacing it? Instead I'd look to do something to disguise/cover it as has been suggested if it offends your visual senses!

It wouldn't take much to make a 'mock' cupboard to go over it, or a mirror, picture etc, which, if you put it on hinges, can easily be swung open to read the display when necessary, or if it's light then stick-on Velcro would do the job.

One thing to remember is that the next owner of your vehicle might like it to still have some of it's original fittings so removing it could actually prove detrimental. :Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Did you speak to O'learys or just look on the web site? You could always buy the Sargent unit off them to replace yours with @£150 Would not take a lot to rewire and you would have a nice 12 amp 3 stage smart charger built in to boot :Smile:
terry

Here you are:whatthe: if you can afford it:thumb:

Hi Wizzer same unit as O'leary's do for £150 :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread