Where to buy Battery Charge Master (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Similar product to vanbitz unit
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Phoned CAK and they are out of stock (again?) of their Battery Charge Master BCM 12 (was CBE CSB-2), new stock due on or around the 27 January.

As we are leaving the MH for up to 3 weeks soon wanted to fit this before we went. There is a working solar panel fitted to the MH leisure battery.

So the question is, is it possible to buy this in it's original guise as a CBE CSB2 product either in the UK or Germany/France?

Thanks
I believe there is a subtle difference between the cak tanks version and the van blitz. I thought the cak version would only charge the vehicle battery when if there was a charging current supplied to the leisure battery. The van blitz would transfer between a fully charged leisure battery and the vehicle battery, without mains charging taking place. I chose the cak unit on price as I have solar panels and hence a charger and it's worked brilliantly. Three wires only and a completely sealed unit. It only takes a few minutes but fit and to play safe I fitted fuses on each end.
I know this doesn't answer the original question. A temporary fix whilst waiting for delivery would be to connect both batteries together with FUSED leads. When starting the engine just remove the fuse, but if you forget you just get a blown fuse.
Check with Hilldweller first because I'm dumb when it comes to circuits.
Brian.

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
I believe there is a subtle difference between the cak tanks version and the van blitz. I thought the cak version would only charge the vehicle battery when if there was a charging current supplied to the leisure battery. The van blitz would transfer between a fully charged leisure battery and the vehicle battery, without mains charging taking place. I chose the cak unit on price as I have solar panels and hence a charger and it's worked brilliantly. Three wires only and a completely sealed unit. It only takes a few minutes but fit and to play safe I fitted fuses on each end.
I know this doesn't answer the original question. [HI]A temporary fix whilst waiting for delivery would be to connect both batteries together with FUSED leads.[/HI] When starting the engine just remove the fuse, but if you forget you just get a blown fuse.
Check with Hilldweller first because I'm dumb when it comes to circuits.
Brian.

Thank you 10ll

Have already linked the two battery positives as you mentioned, but prefer not to leave that conected as we are away for a while.

It looks like waiting for CAK to return to stock and bring one back with me, but when I leave I'll remove the vehicle battery earth lead and the temporary positive link cable to be safe.

Thanks to all but have to say I'm surprised that only one company import such a well thought of product.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I think that before rushing out and buying electrical gadgets, reading and understanding the function of your present system could save a few quid.:thumb:

Our last two MHs have both been fitted with CBE electrical distribution panels and both charge the cab battery when the leisure battery is charged above a certain voltage. A solar connection is also integrated into the panel.

Obviously, if your MH hasn't got this function then buy away, but I just want to make people slow down and think before rushing out and buying unnecessary kit just because they read it here!:Smile:

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
I think that before rushing out and buying electrical gadgets, reading and understanding the function of your present system could save a few quid.:thumb:

Our last two MHs have both been fitted with CBE electrical distribution panels and both charge the cab battery when the leisure battery is charged above a certain voltage. A solar connection is also integrated into the panel.

Obviously, if your MH hasn't got this function then buy away, but I just want to make people slow down and think before rushing out and buying unnecessary kit just because they read it here!:Smile:

Hello jonandshell

Our MH is 20 years old this year so will not have a sophisticated distribution panel. I don't know which it is as yet but will get round to looking at that soon.

The obvious thing was the leisure battery was remaining fully charged via the solar charger but the vehicle battery was losing charge at a slow but steady rate (dash clock and radio remained live).
So the two main types of battery transfer relays were an obious answer with the CBE edging it due to the solar charging facility already fitted, plus price although that was secondary.

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A piece of cable with a diode in series between the two batteries might be a cheaper solution to this problem!
A diode costs very little and is an electrical one-way valve to the uninitiated.

Sorry if I'm teaching anyone to suck eggs here....................!!

With the diode biased in the correct direction, if the leisure battery is at a higher voltage than the cab battery, current will flow to the cab battery.
If the cab battery is at higher voltage than the leisure battery, current flow will be blocked and therefore your cab battery won't discharge.

When your engine is running, the cab battery and leisure battery will be linked in the normal way by the split charge relay.

A diode will cause a slight voltage drop, but if your leisure battery is at say 13.3 volts under solar power, you will still get 12.8v applied to the cab battery.

-Just a suggestion, I have never had the need to try this myself, but for a couple of quid it might be worth a go!:thumb:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/rectifier/3953711/

Just attach one of these to your cab battery pos terminal and connect a cable from its terminal to your leisure battery pos terminal.

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Smartcom details as promised

The Smartcom heavy duty relay is a battery to battery auto switched relay when the supplying (leisure) battery reaches 13.5v the relay opens allowing the second battery to be charged.When the battery level drops to 13.2v the relay switches off. Thereby only charging the second battery whern there is power to spare (from solar or EHU charger).
37e1a27e.jpg

b858f7f9.jpg

5dc22708.jpg

it is a 30 amp relay. Simple to wire in and no problems to use

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back