Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
Desperately need to buy an A frame to tow a small car, wife has gone into Hospital 70 miles away so I will now have to buy a car as well, where does the A frame fit on the car ? what about the power steering that will be off when towing ? I really woul appreciate any help, really desperatre here.
kennygd:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Kenny, the cheapest way is to buy a car with one fitted, but make sure its a braked A Frame on it.:Smile:

Link Removed

Just have a look around there is a Fiat seicento 2000 46000 miles 10 months MOT fitted Braked A Frame in the April MMM £1950.00 ONO.:winky::Smile:

0118970004 or 07920765925 :thumb: Bob.

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
::bigsmile: Or this but check its braked:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Or do what we did and get a trailer.:Smile: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Kenny

I agree with Bob .. it costs around £850 - £1,000 (depends on car and make of frame ) to supply and fit an A frame

I bought a 1998 Fiat Seicento with a "Car A Tow" frame fitted .. cost £650 found it on Pre Loved. It's used as every day transport , great little car , cheap as chips to run..

There are several makers of braked A Frames, two popular ones..

Car A Tow

Chris Cox

Googling will provide more and where to have one fitted near to you.

don't buy a cheap 'recovery' A frame from ebay ..they are not braked and only for recovery ..

Don't worry about power steering , the car doesn't use it when being towed..

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Have you looked at hiring as an alternative, as I certainly wouldn't use my "A" frame unless I had a second driver in the motorhome, which is normally my wife.

Desperately need to buy an A frame to tow a small car, wife has gone into Hospital 70 miles away so I will now have to buy a car as well, where does the A frame fit on the car ? what about the power steering that will be off when towing ? I really woul appreciate any help, really desperatre here.
kennygd:thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Mmm

Buy the MMM (Tesco or Sainsburys) and look in the sales pages as a few converted car turn up occasionally:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back