Where is this place Place in Belgium/ france (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
About three years ago we were just touring around somewhere near the border and came across a village with shops on both sides of a hill selling duty free stuff, there were loads of people about almost like a seaside street, looks as if folks go there for a day out, anyway there was no where to park so we kept going and said we would come back sometime.
Well we have looked everytime we have been since and just can't find it again, don't know what the name of the place is or anything, but would love to go again if anyone has any idea where it is.
Any ideas , please.
Edit, we had been to ipers so it's somewhere in that area.

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
You don't happen to let Google keep your location history, do you? I know a lot of people don't, but I find it very useful (not just for finding places we've been to, but also filling out expenses).

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
About three years ago we were just touring around somewhere near the border and came across a village with shops on both sides of a hill selling duty free stuff, there were loads of people about almost like a seaside street, looks as if folks go there for a day out, anyway there was no where to park so we kept going and said we would come back sometime.
Well we have looked everytime we have been since and just can't find it again, don't know what the name of the place is or anything, but would love to go again if anyone has any idea where it is.
Any ideas , please.
Edit, we had been to ipers so it's somewhere in that area.

I've the same recollection. Let me know when you find it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Found it on Google maps by following the border, this is it
Screenshot_20200709-151856.png

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
How about Heuvelland, Belgium border runs up part of the main street. Have a look at street view

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ok , sorry for wasting your time if you have been looking for it, but it's real strange place, you are just going along a country road and suddenly come to it folks everywhere, slot machine places, restaurants, duty frees, chocolate and fag shops, just like a seaside place in the middle of nowhere.
I shall be going now when I get chance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back