where is the radio aerial on a ci carioca 694 (2 Viewers)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So why do the radios in the 2 cars still perform perfectly wherever we are even if it means clicking up to the next pre-tuned signal on Radio 3/4/Classic, oh alright then, Radio 1, whereas that on the motorhome started useless and is still useless?

One day I set out to find out why our reception as terrible, pulled out the radio, stuck a long wire in the aerial socket, perfect. Then I looked at the fitted aerial lead and found it had a right angled adapter and it had come apart enough to break the connection, pushed it back and perfect reception ever since. We have a small external aerial mounted ( as standard ) on the passenger side A pillar.

I have read on here of people finding the end of the manufacturer's fitted aerial lead just chopped off and just loose behind the dash.

An aerial is hardly rocket science to check out.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I was ferreting around a Ducatto Wreck in a scrap yard (I was getting one of those door bins for the Passenger side of ours). Another fella was getting the cab roof lining, the arial was under that, spot welded to the Roof.

Had similar trouble to you when we first got ours, I fitted one of those that stick to the W/Screen as I didn't want to go phaffing about drilling holes in the bodywork. Some say they are a waste of time, however I have never had any problem with mine, and the reception in excellent

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun