Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I have a Hymer Exsis sitting on a Fiat Ducato 2004. It is the 2.3 diesel jobby. I have 2 cigar lighters at the front and they have both blown fuses. I found the one for the actual cigar lighter and replaced it. That now works fine. But the other is called "current connector". To all intents and purposes it it just another cigarette lighter.

The diagram in the manual identifies it on the dashboard but it does not appear on the fuse list. I know it is 15 amp and I have looked at all my 15 amp fuses; they are all ok now that I have replaced the first blown one.

It is just possible that a previous owner replaced a 15 amp with something else and for that reason I can't spot it. If anybody knows where it is I would be so grateful.
Thanks Bernard

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
On the 2.8 it is fuse 65 on the fuse panel on the right hand side fuse panel (drivers side for RH drive vehicle)

If you have the ducato owners manual it is shown in fig 38 on page 151 and in the allocation list on page 154

Hope this helps

Lunarman

OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Thanks Lunarman, I'll check it first thing in the morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
You may also like to check the fuses that are built onto the positive connection on the battery, but check the alternatives first as it a bugger of a job getting at the fuses, you have to remove the battery and the fuses are bolt on types.

Doug...

OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I have had to replace one of those fuses on the battery terminal before and I do carry spares. I'm hoping I'll find it where lunarman suggested

OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I followed your advice lunerman and I did find the fuse. It was all nice and shiny with no break. The socket still doesn't work so my problem must be something other than a blown fuse.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
How do you know it is not working? Have you tested it with a meter?

stew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back