Where is the furthest you’ve taken your MoHo? (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
And this is my 2021 plan... would do this with Seabridge - trip of a lifetime I reckon - about 145 days in total - 71 days out to Beijing on the red route and roughly the same back through Mongolia

View attachment 342264

That is my idea of a trip !
I assume you have done the research, is there a English speaking operation that does anything similar ?
I speak fluent bar German, which gets me bier und wurst, but it's not good enough for more than a single sentance at a time

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Crete for me.
Chania > Athens ferry
Greece
Patra > Ancona ferry
Italy
France
UK..
and I was on deaths door with Pleurisy. went straight to hospital when I got back.
I have never coughed so much in my entire life.. I think my old man was glad I left :eek:

Reactions: DBK
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Ah, yes you are right - it is a quick turn around. Have been to Beijing before and there are many stops on the way including camping at the Great Wall etc,

It is around 27000km trip
200 km per day for 20 weeks would be my idea of hell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
That is my idea of a trip !
I assume you have done the research, is there a English speaking operation that does anything similar ?
I speak fluent bar German, which gets me bier und wurst, but it's not good enough for more than a single sentance at a time
Have looked around. Can’t see any other firm doing this kind of trip.
They do say they get a few non Germans in the tours and they don’t have a huge problem Also I have time to brush up on my schoolboy German and I am very good at shouting to be understood!?

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Might be in the same party as a uk Motorhomer as in a letter in issue 224 of Practical Motorhome , signs as Mike Annan. Impressive succession of journeys in convoy, i don’t buy the mag as such but get it as package on Readly subscription , excellent value if you like mags.
For those contemplating longer trips there are inspirational photos under his name on Flickr.

we did Morocco 3 times in the mid 70’s which were adventures and wanted to do Asia next but unfortunately never did.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Iceland.
Longest journey in distance, time and cost.

Yes, definitely cost :) Have been to the Faroes and Iceland on previous occasions (without the van) and looked at taking the van there and almost needed resuscitation when I saw how much it would cost.

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Sicily, and Palermo was quite interesting to drive in, along with the long viaduct motorways the Sirocco winds and a HGV who was blown of the edge of one of the Viaduct motorways. His cab was halfway over the side of the motorway about 80 mtrs high, it was only his load that stopped him dropping.
Were we worried - nah, we were VERY worried!

• Love It
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
2years Motor-homing so far, been to: The Lake District, Oban, Yorkshire, Lake Annecy France, Dordogne, Bordeaux. Mont Roig Spain, Benidorm, Pamplona and lots of other places in between Suffolk and Mid Spain.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Narva on the Estonia / Russia border last year seemed like a long way and it is a dump.( Russia across the river)
20180904_125932.jpg

This year Mhamid in Morocco. 2333 miles according to Google. It is also a dump but a dump we really liked

IMG-20190222-WA0012.jpg

pseward152

Free Member
Jun 9, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato dethleffs
Exp
Drove to Croatia from Essex one month trip in September really enjoyed it, although had a fall on my arm two weeks into holiday very painful but drove home with the help from strong painkillers had X-ray at local hospital to be told don’t drive for 8weeks as you have broken your shoulder,! Should of got it checked in Croatia would of stayed longer as the weather was lovely ?

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Telford.. Really need to start using it more ?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Just to be boring we've been to Italy in the van.

Getting insurance for medical condition is starting to get :swear2:

Aug 9, 2011
Broadway
Funster No
MH
Aclass
Exp
since 2009
Scotland.....

........from Poland.
Back in 2009 we met a Lad from Poland at the border of Scotland and England. He was on a bicycle having pedalled his way from Poland to London and then Lands End and was heading off towards John oGroats. He had enormous homemade plywood panniers on the back of the bike with about 20 kilo of tins of rice pudding to keep himself going.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
So, I read recently that NZ had banned the importation of used motorhomes and only brand new vehicles would be allowed in so I guess you must have just snuck in before that became the rule
I haven't heard about that and would be curious to know more. I have recently been made aware that anyone importing a motorhome into NZ from the UK and Europe must spend several thousand pounds having it fumigated before it's put on the ship. This is to keep the "stink bug" out of NZ, but you don't actually have this nasty little insect in the UK.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I haven't heard about that and would be curious to know more. I have recently been made aware that anyone importing a motorhome into NZ from the UK and Europe must spend several thousand pounds having it fumigated before it's put on the ship. This is to keep the "stink bug" out of NZ, but you don't actually have this nasty little insect in the UK.
If you take a look on the Seabridge website you will see more info there

fireblade2000uk

Free Member
Jul 16, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
First year almost done!
Unst, apparently the most northerly inhabited island in the UK. Stunningly beautiful, as most of Shetland and Orkney are!

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
We thought we were adventurous heading down to Portugal one year, whilst waiting for the ferry we got chatting to a couple who told us about their travels. They had taken their van down the silk route to China and back then after that put it on a RO RO ferry and went down to Argentina and done all the countries down there Bolivia, Peru etc They pointed out a website I think it was the Silk Route Club that listed all their travels.

seakay22

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Malibu GT600
Exp
Since 2002
Istanbul and then a little further into the Asian side to watch the Turkish Grand Prix, 2010. And that was in a VW t25, there and back without a single break down, a 42 night trip in total. UK down to Ancona, ferry to Patras (camping on deck), Delphi, up the coast to Thessolonikki, Alexandroupli then overnighting for a few days by the lighthouse on Kennedy Highway by the Bosphorus. Had a night at Sile on the Black Sea too. Got a new van coming next year, a PVC, maybe I'll do it again ?

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Zagora the last large town before the Sahara in Maroc, we went 75km further south following the old tin sign that said "50 days by camel to Timbutoo" in French then the wife made be turn back:(

In the other direction Irapetra on Crete the southernmost town in the EU

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
We thought we were adventurous heading down to Portugal one year, whilst waiting for the ferry we got chatting to a couple who told us about their travels. They had taken their van down the silk route to China and back then after that put it on a RO RO ferry and went down to Argentina and done all the countries down there Bolivia, Peru etc They pointed out a website I think it was the Silk Route Club that listed all their travels.
It was this couple was it? We spent a Christmas with them on a Sosta in Italy

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Karesuando Sweden, what a great trip all the way up through France, Belgium. Holland, Germany, Denmark and E45 Sweden and back via Baltic coast and Denmark Germany & France. 13 weeks in total, looking forward to returning.???

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Well if they can come to us, then I guess we can go to them !

Looks like this is the route between China and Europe.
It's around 13,000 km drive so about 4-5 month drive if you stop and look at stuff.
Start now and it's Shanghai for Easter !

View attachment 342251
We have done this exact route , a couple of problems are the Caspian Sea Baku to Turkmenbashi I am not sure there are dedicated ferries we had to blag our way onto a commercial ship (the accommodation was so bad I now think Brittany is 5 star) . I also think you must have a government appointed agent in Turkmenistan ,Georgia , Kyrgyzstan . The burning gas craters in Turkmenistan at night were fantastic , they caught fire in the 70,s and they cant put them out . There were no campsites after Goreme it’s either wild camping or cheap hotels/guest houses

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back