LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Hopefully someone can tell me where the water pump is on a 2017 Bailey autograph 75-2. Been looking for it and had thought it may be in the tank. It doesn’t appear to be.

Also some advice. The cold water feed to the kitchen tap spits and coughs, not bad but it’s definitely there. This does not occur on any other tap in the van. Nor on the hot water to the kitchen tap. So I presume there is an air lock somewhere.
As the pump doesn’t run then I presume it is a micro switch controlled one and not a pressure system.

The only thing I can think of is this may be due to the water filter, that I had the dealer fit to the cold water supply to the kitchen tap, being installed horizontally as oppose to vertically. Any advice would be most appreciated please.

Attachments

• 41353E08-D05A-4E03-A409-E1654441C4F1.jpeg
    41353E08-D05A-4E03-A409-E1654441C4F1.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Sorry I don’t know about the autograph but I’m sure the 76-4 advance it’s in the tank

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Filter should not make much difference to the air as it will eventually be forced out.
If you want to try it you can pop the filter off the clips and raise the tap feed end so air goes up the pipe from filter. Is the pump working on any tap? Cannot work out if you mean it’s not working at all

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hopefully someone can tell me where the water pump is on a 2017 Bailey autograph 75-2. Been looking for it and had thought it may be in the tank. It doesn’t appear to be.

Also some advice. The cold water feed to the kitchen tap spits and coughs, not bad but it’s definitely there. This does not occur on any other tap in the van. Nor on the hot water to the kitchen tap. So I presume there is an air lock somewhere.
As the pump doesn’t run then I presume it is a micro switch controlled one and not a pressure system.

The only thing I can think of is this may be due to the water fitter, that I had the dealer fit to the cold water supply to the kitchen tap, being installed horizontally as oppose to vertically. Any advice would be most appreciated please.

I think the water pump on the Bailey autograph 75-2 is fitted to the underside of the van, the later ones were a submersible in the tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BikerGraham

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
Sorry I don’t know about the autograph but I’m sure the 76-4 advance it’s in the tank
Yep that’s what I thought. Looking inside the tank I can see the level sensor, water heater element and two blue vertical pipes that go through the top and fixed just off the tank bottom. Obviously the suction side to the pump. But no sign of any pump, very confusing 🤔🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BikerGraham

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
Filter should not make much difference to the air as it will eventually be forced out.
If you want to try it you can pop the filter off the clips and raise the tap feed end so air goes up the pipe from filter. Is the pump working on any tap? Cannot work out if you mean it’s not working at all
An idea to try with the filter. Thanks.
The pump runs. Was just commenting that it must be microswitch controlled cause if it was pressure controller then it wound be running as pressure wouldn’t be achieved due to the air lock.

OP
OP
BikerGraham

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
I think the water pump on the Bailey autograph 75-2 pump is fitted to the underside of the van, the later ones were a submersible in the tank.
Thanks. Will have a look under it to see if I can find it. Will need to n is how to drain it down then for winter.

OP
OP
BikerGraham

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
Being horizontal the filter will never purge all the air correctly.
That’s what I thought as the inlet and outlet are half way. Also means it won’t drain down fully either. It’s the first time I have ever seen one not installed vertically.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Graham, get yourself a pressure drain down fitting made. Watch the video but make a pipe to connect to the rigid inlet pipe, the vids for a caravan. Made one last year and you will be surprised how much water is still in after it’s been left to drain down.

Vid

a short length of pipe and an inner tube valve and away you go.

john

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back