Where is JackieP now??? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Well done Jackie. You are surprising yourself but lots of us are not surprised you intial postings showed how much spirit you have.
As you rightly say it was a chance in a million and probably caused by an excess of booze or spliffs.
Don't let it put you off France.
Keep enjoying each day.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
What a bad experience you had. You did fantastically well to cope. You did the right thing and came out unscathed. We should all learn from your quick thinking and be prepared to move in any suspicious circumstances.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Jackie , You are one brave lady (well done)
Just a couple of suggestions
Montagne sur Gironde aire very nice riverside
3 Quai des Pêcheurs
17120 Mortagne-sur-Gironde, France
45.475195, -0.796800
Sanquinet
GPS COORDS: N44.48556 W01.08450
or Gastes
GPS COORDS: N44.32844 W01.15337
both lakeside

also Dune du pyla / pilat fab sand dune 110 mtrs high lovely walk to the top, aire on site a def must visit !!!!
Route d'Arcachon À Biscarrosse
33260 La Teste-de-Buch, France
44.585043, -1.208427

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Jackie

I am at vieux bacau les bains. Near Soustons I will be here at least for today and tomorrow if you make it down this far,intend to stop at cap Breton ,before I make the decision ,Spain or South of France.Eve

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Over the next week you are going to get better weather ,around where you are ,than down on the Med coast some bad stuff apparently on its way from Monday was bad enough yesterday at Altea and that was just a shower ...apparently:)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Over the next week you are going to get better weather ,around where you are ,than down on the Med coast some bad stuff apparently on its way from Monday was bad enough yesterday at Altea and that was just a shower ...apparently:)
Yes but you always get it like that up there at this time of the year due to the proximity of the mountains inland. Same in Xabia,Oliva, etc.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Wow, respect to you Jackie for still carrying on, if had happened to us, me over 6', Lola over 50kg and Bev bringing up the rear, Bev would make sure we would be camp sites only for a good few nights

I am with the others, almost certainly a one off, but when it gets that close the odds become irrelevant

Delighted you are safe and have learnt something from it, if only how to drive in the dark :)

Twin Lakes is not so far from where you are now, maybe a little north, but could make a good rest zone, we were down that way in April, also stayed at a site on the Dunes du Pyla, they are a must see, we used Panorama du Pyla, nice site not cheap but right in dunes with nice restaurant, not used the aires around there so cant help with those. Also found a nice quiet little ACSI site just north of Biarritz cant recall the name just now, but about 15 euro / night with electric and wifi, will look it up if you are going that way (y) (may not be open much longer)

David

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Wow, respect to you Jackie for still carrying on, if had happened to us, me over 6', Lola over 50kg and Bev bringing up the rear, Bev would make sure we would be camp sites only for a good few nights

I am with the others, almost certainly a one off, but when it gets that close the odds become irrelevant

Delighted you are safe and have learnt something from it, if only how to drive in the dark :)

Twin Lakes is not so far from where you are now, maybe a little north, but could make a good rest zone, we were down that way in April, also stayed at a site on the Dunes du Pyla, they are a must see, we used Panorama du Pyla, nice site not cheap but right in dunes with nice restaurant, not used the aires around there so cant help with those. Also found a nice quiet little ACSI site just north of Biarritz cant recall the name just now, but about 15 euro / night with electric and wifi, will look it up if you are going that way (y) (may not be open much longer)

David
Been following this thread but nothing to add but seeing as how north has been mentioned, you could do a lot worse than the aire at blaye, no facilities but always plenty others about and free.

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Been following this thread but nothing to add but seeing as how north has been mentioned, you could do a lot worse than the aire at blaye, no facilities but always plenty others about and free.
Mind you the municipal at Blaye is very cheap (I think 5 or 6 euros a bit more with electric) and right in the middle of the medieval city! A barrier at the entrance so security , nice view, and facilities are ok

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Mind you the municipal at Blaye is very cheap (I think 5 or 6 euros a bit more with electric) and right in the middle of the medieval city! A barrier at the entrance so security , nice view, and facilities are ok
Quite true, never used it but been many times and never seen anyone there, I thought it was deserted, but yes water to every pitch and grey water emptying.

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Very frightening Jackie hope you have got over the shock,you will,your made of good celtic stuff lol.
As you say it was one in million chance and in all your travels with Bill even with us in Morocco you never encountered anything like that.
We as you know have been motorhoming over 20years never came across anything like that.
So put it down to experience I admired you in the past even more now
Safe onward journeyy love.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
This begs the question, what would have happened if Jackie was on EHU or had external screens up? No chance of a quick getaway then
clear.png

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
This begs the question, what would have happened if Jackie was on EHU or had external screens up? No chance of a quick getaway then
clear.png

So what do you imagine would have happerned to Jackie next if she had not moved on...

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
I never use the hab door/ put step out when travelling. In fact door always has the top & bottom locks on so can't even be opened except with a sledge :LOL:

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
If you are Loki g in Jackie I am now in Cap Breton,cold day today no sun,although yesterday was beautiful.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
QMJ is in the centre of Portugal just off the IC8, 25 kms from Ansiao.

It is a small(ish), private orchard in the middle of woods.

It is NOT an aire or a campsite.

JJ :cool:
Thanks for that. I've saved the details and if I find myself there I shall certainly take a look.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks to everyone for your lovely replies. It's always a joy to log on and connect with you all.

How glad I am I that I decided to visit the Atlantic coast. This time last week I was looking at how far I would have to drive to get back to Roscoff and the Island and now I'm just buzzing with the whole experience. I'm so glad I stayed.

The weather is good, there are lots of people around and for the first time I'm actually starting to have some fun.

I stayed at Le Porge at the ocean for a couple of nights along with another solo lady traveller from Germany and we were joined by some French fulltimers. I walked 4kms through the forests and another 4kms along the beach. Just fantastic.
IMG_5035.JPG

And then at the weekend I moved to Andernos Les Bains where again there were lots of friendly people and a chance to see life in a seaside town and have a bit of lunch - my first lunch out so far. It was a bit good.

IMG_5093.JPG

And on Friday night the most amazing thing happened. I was sitting eating my tea when a knock came to the door and incredibly it was the German couple we bought the van from - the ones who did the amazing paint job. They were on holiday from Germany and on their way south and they turned the corner and there was their old van with me inside it. I have to admit I cried with happiness.

This is such a lovely town. Old fishing shacks and restaurants by the harbour and a more modern town with shopping streets and cafes just up the road. Absolutely loving it.

And to think that I might have been on the way to Roscoff and missed the lot. A very wise man (Hi Presto) once said to me that we never know what's ahead of us and on this occasion it couldn't have come as a better surprise.

Till next time.

Jacks
FullSizeRender.jpg

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Those moules look enough for two!

I decided to stay at Cap Breton ,I love the beach here,and what can I say about the surfers,who park in the next car park!!,think I have forgotten my binoculars ,never mind.:Eeek:
The weather is improving.
I hope to see you on my travels Jackie,thanks for the phone number not to good on phone,I use my I Pad with a WI Fi on the go. And phone for emergencies.:clap2::clap2:

I will look out for your van. Eve:Eeek:

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
So glad things have now changed for the better for you Jackie keep giving us updates we really enjoy reading your posts:)
What were the chances of meeting up with the German couple who used to own your van...it was meant to be:)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Jackie, just hope you are keeping notes for your memories. Have read a few books about people's experiences and travels and your adventures and attitude are brilliant. some years ago there were articles, rambling with rosie, in the MMM I think, perhaps they could start a Jackie 's ( insert own description or you could try for suggestions) travelogue.
wishing you a safe trip

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Jackie
He is lovely, I have an old dog, named Oscar,he barks for attention or food,but would welcome anybody human or doggy!!!

He,s missing his mates from Kent,trying to be friendly with everyone
image.jpg

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Great news Jackie.We are down in CostaDel Sol we are in an appartment Carole's idea!!!! the three daughters have come down to see us so its'not bad here for a month.Cant wait to get out in the new year in the motorhome over to Roscoff then who knows.
So pleased for you that things are going well I know the path you are on and will keep getting better and better.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
I have one!

He's absolutelybloodyuseless! He barks like a rotweiller at a passing leaf but in the night in question. Nothing. Nada. :D

You need to recordhim when the leaf is passing & use that if you need it at night.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back