Where does your dog sleep? (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
I found this and thought this information may be useful as it mentions NEW diseases......

Pet owners should not let their dogs sleep in or on their bed, or even in the bedroom because of the risk of disease transmission, according to one of the country’s leading veterinary surgeons.

Fred Landeg, who is stepping down as the most senior government veterinary officer, said that people needed to be more aware that new and emerging diseases were just as likely to affect household pets as farm animals.

Many of these diseases may also be transmittable from animals to humans.

Dr Landeg, who is familiar for his TV appearances explaining the fight against Asian flu, foot-and-mouth, and bluetongue outbreaks, said that pet owners should also be vigilant about having pets in the kitchen.

Full story here

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
If we believed everything we read, we would be wrapped up in cotton wool ( Sterilised first of course ):Sad:

David

P

pamela price

Deleted User
my dog sleeps?

hi guys,

my dog sleeps anywhere she wants to sleep including our bed :Blush: lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
If we believed everything we read, we would be wrapped up in cotton wool ( Sterilised first of course ):Sad:

David

Hi David

I completely agree with you, but I do think it is good to keep up with new developments, especially when health is involved. At least we can then make informed decisions.:Smile:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Sharon,

I think the main problem today is that our immune systems are not as hardy as they were many years ago when things were not as sterile. Yes it is good to be informed and we can make our own choices.

David

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I used to: "Go to work on an Egg" as I was advised at the time - then somebody told me about salmonella so I went to work on a "Big Mac" instead - then somebody told me about mad-cow disease BUT somebody else told me I couldn't catch it so I was alright - then I went to work on a "full Monty" until somebody told me about cholesteral problems...... so now I've given up going to work :thumb::thumb:

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Whats the point in wanting to live longer if your not living?

I don't want to arrive in heaven with a perfect body!
I want it to crash through the pearly gates and do a handbrake skid screaming "WOOHOO" that was a rush!

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
I used to: "Go to work on an Egg" as I was advised at the time - then somebody told me about salmonella so I went to work on a "Big Mac" instead - then somebody told me about mad-cow disease BUT somebody else told me I couldn't catch it so I was alright - then I went to work on a "full Monty" until somebody told me about cholesteral problems...... so now I've given up going to work :thumb::thumb:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: bang on!!

D

Dazkim

Deleted User
ON OUR BED
I get the bit of bed whats left over when the other half kim in comfy and tigger our mini schnauzer has got her head down ......... Im sure im doing something wrong somewhere.:ROFLMAO:

Cheers dazkim

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
our four used to sleep in the dog run/kennel in summer but somehow we forgot, after winter, to put them out. :RollEyes:

now we shut the bedroom, lounge and kitchen doors when we got to bed and they please themselves where they kip.:thumb:

its fine if they arent too 'windy':ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

john.

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Mine sleeps where he likes!
He is my family and has no restrictions!
He is cleaner than most of my friends too! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
ours use to sleep on our bed when tony worked away, wasn't happy when tony came home, and he lost his place, if you worried about everything you were told you wouldnt enjoy life. he only asked to be loved never argued with me,and always brought a smile to my face sadly he had a stroke and had to be put down, still miss him but now his ashes sleep on the bedside table and no one disturbs him. but whatever choice you make is what makes you happy. each to their own I say,
ruth

playbyte

xMember
May 4, 2008
Kirton-in-Lindsey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
When we are away ours sleeps in a quilt lined dogs bed in the awning protecting us - better than any security alarm system lol.
When we are home he sleeps beside the only door into our property - again a wonderful security protection.
Roger

ScooterSam82

Free Member
May 24, 2008
Nottingham, Uk.
Funster No
MH
Broomstick
Exp
LoL! how silly,

our Toffee dog, sleeps in our bed or hers, lol (in our flat :( waa!

when we lived in our self built motorhome, she slept either in our bed next to me, as we've got a 7 foot bed..lol or under it, as theres a bit you can pull out to make the sofas into a bed..lol

erm we've got 2 german fancy pet rats too..lol
they sleep in there hammock in the van, or in there run that goes around the top of the inside of the van..lol (guttering!) or there small cage..only cage we could find that fits in the corner near the book cupboard..lol

now we live in a flat :( they sleep in there snuggle tunnel in there big Furet XL. :)

owlgirl

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
Funster No
Unfortunately we cannot take Buddy with us yet as he is a rescue dog and still
settling down so we pop him in the local kennels.

When we had our Bonny she used to sleep at the front between the seat on a fur rug - on guard so to speak and god help anyone who tried to come in without our say so.

She was as soft as a brush but very keen and a good house dog.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Where they are told! A dog is an animal not a person. Needs their own bed/space. Besides I don't sleep with dogs hee hee

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Benj sleeps either in his basket or on his bed at the side of ours; never on the upholstery or our bed (unless there are fireworks in the vicinity). We're away with friends right now and their dog is allowed everywhere which means we leave their unit covered in white dog hairs, their car is disgusting because the dog is allowed anywhere - Benj is loved to bits but has his place and knows it!
Jan (with Benj's permission)

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
In the van they had a sofa each (draped with a throw) but in the house (moved into 2 weeks ago) they have taken to getting on the bed during the night. I have been woken up before 6am every morning to find that i am clinging to the edge of the bed with the dogs sprawled out across 2/3rds of it.

Enough I decided. Today I purchased a child gate :ROFLMAO: It is going across the bedroom door to prevent doggie ingress. (I can't shut the door as they would howl all night and start digging through it for sure).

Over the last 3 years whilst fulltiming they have both become used to seeing us / sleeping within in a few feet of us at night. This way they can still see us and stay relatively close but have no chance of stealing the duvet.

I reckon Reef will jump the gate no problem, Bodie has no chance. Reef stays with Bodie so it may just work :Smile:

Will report back on progress in a few days. I'm praying for a quiet howl free night! ::bigsmile:

A

Anne

Deleted User
Hey all!

We have 6 dogs - 4 of which sleep with us in our bedroom - my dog Pippie in his basket and the other 3 lie on the bottom of the bed... we treat them all like kids (as we dont have any), any slight health problem we treat them immediately - as you would your kids ! They are our family and will always be treated like our "babies" whether it be wrong or right! :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Dogs are pack animals and see you as part of the pack, however you should be seen as the alfa male or female which means you have the control, not the dogs. The dogs need to know their place, that is the natural order. Children and dogs should have their own beds for their health and yours. a hairless dog might just be allowed on my upholstery, but otherwise no nay never not even with a throw. I have no wish to he covered in dog hairs and nor do my visitors. there is nothing wrong with that just mutual respect. On the small holding it is often extreemly muddy, so the dogs are also dicouraged from jumping up at people, you may not mind but I for one have no wish to be smothered in mud or cowpats, likewise my furniture. There are many owners who will disagree with me and I don't have a problem with that as long I am not the one getting smothered.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back