Free Member
Jul 31, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Ive only had my Dethleffs Black Magic for 8 months and only really done weekends so far. But now I'm going away for longer I obviously need to find as much space as possible. The tool box is a specific shape and seems to have a locking screw, so assume it has specific place! Hopefully not in the van. Could some one please enlighten me. Thank u!

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
If it's the same as the Fiat Ducato, it slides under the front passenger seat. The front vent unclips and the box is slid under and locked into position :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Here is a picture of the fixings in the garage if you can't put it under the passenger seat. My EBL is under the passenger seat hence why it's in the garage. image.jpg

David

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
More close ups if you are handy with tools and a sheet of aluminium to make yourself:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I assume you're talking about the massive black plastic 'case' that houses the jack etc ... totally OTT IMV, I just removed the tools and put them in a much more suitable sized box!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have the same under the passenger seat. Massive box, yes, but what else are you going to put under the seat?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have the same under the passenger seat. Massive box, yes, but what else are you going to put under the seat?
In our previous MHs we use to put the dog towels/jackets there as they were then easily 'grabable' when returning to the van or about to go out. Our current PVC has the controller under one seat and the leisure batteries under the other so for us the tool box was taking up way too much room in the rear underbed storage area hence why I jettisoned it, plus we have a bottle jack which is much better than the scissor jack anyway.

juleshe

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
No space under our passenger seat as Hymer have put all the electrics there. Box was loose taking up half the wardrobe in our PVC. Took the tools out and store them under the drivers seat. Binned the plastic box.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Leccy cables under the passenger seat and hoses for filling the water under the drivers seat.. tools are in the gas cupboard with the batteries...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Leccy cables under the passenger seat and hoses for filling the water under the drivers seat.. tools are in the gas cupboard with the batteries...
Eh! :eek:

yellabellyex

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Well if it's not "in the van" it won't be much use to you on your trip, so maybe leave it where it is? Our Ducato had toolbox under passenger seat, moved it to the "shed" ( smaller than a "garage") and now put boots and shoes under passenger seat. We have bespoke PVC, but should be possible with mainstream layouts?
regards
alan b

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Batteries and gas together,,,sounds dangerous to me,,,BUSBY...

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Batteries and gas together,,,sounds dangerous to me,,,BUSBY...
Wot the tall furry hat sed! Slight unnoticed gas leak, spark from batteries and BOOM!! :eek:

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Wot the tall furry hat sed! Slight unnoticed gas leak, spark from batteries and BOOM!! :eek:

It's how the van is. The sink vent is between them and what you are describing is two rare, avoidable and unfortunate events coinciding. The water tank is in the same cupboard:eek::eek::whistle:

OP
OP
W

Wild-Lee Coyote

Free Member
Jul 31, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2015
That's fantastic help guys. I have the battery under my seat & loadsa electric under the passenger seat & don't want it in the garage so prob gonna go with Minxy Girl and get a bottle jack and smaller box.
Cheers everyone X

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back