where do you keep your mobility scooter in van (1 Viewer)

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
looking to change our van .thinking of two single beds 6ft long lay out .looking on internet photos never show how much storage there is .want to carry a mobility scooter in van .dont want tow bar fitted and box if i can help it .van recommendations please ..thank you david

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Our motorhome has a large garage and a HUGE payload so mine goes in the garage
IT is dismantled and re-assembled in the garage so it can be charged up from an inverter whilst we are driving or from the 240v overnight I can either put it in the awning or in the garage if we are off early doors somewhere else
Te scooter is an 8mph but it breaks down into front and rear chassis batteries cover and seat so can be easily lifted in bits
Lunar Roadstar 800 (12).jpg Lunar Roadstar 800 (4).jpg 2017-09-06 Benidorm (1).jpg

Just found some photo's sorry not got one of it insitu

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We drive an Autocruise Starspirit 2005 6.2 metres, with 6 foot twin beds. We carry 2 disability scooters and a wheel chair. The big TGA Breeze goes in a small box trailer with our Pride Apex rapid scooter. When we get on site I transfer the Pride to our rear bike rack. We use the wheel chair to get Sue from the passenger to the rear and it's handy for short visits outside. The Pride breaks down in to 4 components and we use the TGA from the site. Incidentally we had the shower wall adapted so that the whole wall swings out and then I transfer Sue to the swivel loo with a transfer trolley.
It's good to hear someone else is persevering against the odds. Well done and keep going.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Two of these fit into our garage comfortably.

LOL a bit smaller than mine @Snowbird unfortunately need to use a larger one for comfort as my spine needs the protection but I can get my larger one and all my fishing tackle in our garage as well as tools and hoses and cables

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
LOL a bit smaller than mine @Snowbird unfortunately need to use a larger one for comfort as my spine needs the protection but I can get my larger one and all my fishing tackle in our garage as well as tools and hoses and cables

I bought the Auto gos some years ago on ebay with duff lithium batteries. I converted them to normal gel batteries and changed the chargers. I have a 12 volt/24 volt charger for charging whilst on the move or from solar. The battery boxes lift off and go into the van for charging whilst driving. The beauty of these is that I can take them on a plane free of charge. I think I paid less than ÂŁ100 each for them plus the new batteries so they dont owe me much now.

Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Nice @Snowbird I stopped flying after I got a brand new scooter wrecked by airport agents and got totally ignored when we complained

unfortunately the batteries on this scooter are inside the cover and don't have a remote charging point which is why it has to be put back together to charge but at least it has a damn good range (20 miles)

petrocspals

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
4 years
I carry a gogo scooter for my husband .We have limited space and weight in our 2003 Nuevo. The scooter breaks into pieces and I try to use the bike rack for the lightest bit ,the body. The other bits go inside. The motor behind my seat ( the drivers seat) .This is because I do not weigh as much as my husband. The battery used to go behind his seat but I have been putting it near his seat in the footwell. Two key issues. I had waterproof bags with strong handles made for each component. This saves on dirt being transferred inside the van , it makes it easier to carry said bits and makes it easier to secure them safely en route. I can lift the main body onto the bike rack but if I am lucky when we are in France a dutch chap always offers. So courteous the dutch! We have never had a problem with charging the battery until recently when a C&MC warden forcefully explained the probability that if someone saw this then everyone with an electric car would foloow suit &.......so forth & so on! It has made a terrific difference to us .If you go on the C& MC website someone has compiled a list of all the best sites for mobility scooters. I bought a cheap little tent to throw everything in tidily when we leave the site without the scooter. You do need to check your insurance if you go abroad.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I use one of these for keeping my batteries topped up when on the move. Good bit of kit for the money.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We have to strip her indoors one down and put it ware the table is and battery between drivers seat and passenger seat.
Not ideal but better than her moaning she cant go out there has to be a bit of a compromise in motorhoming no mater how you plan it
bill

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
That's what we have to do at the moment strip the go go scooter down put bits in different places, it's a pain my thought was looking for new van 6 m long with storage, will be looking at garage storage, but could be a problem for boss climbing up ,

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We have never had a problem with charging the battery until recently when a C&MC warden forcefully explained the probability that if someone saw this then everyone with an electric car would foloow suit &.......so forth & so on!

:Eeek: Really...! That would have really p*****d me off..:boxing:

I would have said I’ve paid for leccy and what I do with it is my business !

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
CMC gestapo nothing better to say or do

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
looking to change our van .thinking of two single beds 6ft long lay out
Most vans with twin singles have a huge garage underneath. If its height you need the latest Hymer's probably lead the field for height.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Keep ours in the garage at the rear of van . I have a charging points for driving or static within easy reach .

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I split mine down into three bits, then load it. Drive chain under bed, main body fits nicely under the dinette, battery pack behind the front passenger seat.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We visited friends the other day, and he has a mobility scooter for his wife that folds up the size of a suitcase, really impressed I will take a photo when we see them. (y) Bob.

;) Google found it. :LOL:
foldingmobilityscooter.jpg

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
SWMBO has one of these. https://www.travelscoot.com/ . Folds into a Bag about 2/3 length of a golf bag. We have had it carries as Cabin luggage, with B-A. as it has the Li-ion Battery. Bought in the USA in dollars it has no tax implication as it is a "Mobility aid". I usually put it on the front facing seat pair and put the Seat belts round it. when on site it is small enough to fit in the passenger foot-well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back