Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
We buy from the BP garage down the road also does wonders for the nectar points.

Other than that apart from motorways we just fill up wherever we need to

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
In France, supermarkets where at all possible - about 20 cents difference per litre compared to Autoroute services. For 80 litres that's 16 Euros saved. If I can't find a supermarket, Jet stations seem pretty low-priced.

At home I get an e-mail update telling me where the cheapest local fuel is but I can't see much point using a litre of fuel to drive my car 10 extra miles to save a penny a litre on a 36 litre tank. I usually go to Sainsburys so I can get the Nectar points, or take advantage of discount vouchers.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Buy ?????
siphon it from any where that closest

ever tried to suck LPG :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Morrison Asda any petrol station thats open when i need fuel

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Supermarkets every time for me it's a no brainer!!!!

Go and do a weeks shop and while we are there we have our tea.

Put my suits in at the dry cleaners in the store and get my eyes tested as well.

I can buy virtually anything I need for the house I need all under the one roof.

On the way out pick up my prescription before filling the tank up and collecting the points. If there is an offer on I get 5p a litre off already cheaper fuel.

For busy working people its a great service at a great price. If the locals can match it I'll use them. Until then it's a supermarket for me any day of the week.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Talk about a deal at the right time!!!

Just been on the adverts interrupting my footy.......:cry:

Spend £60 in the store at Sainsbury's and get 10p off a litre. :Smile:

Beat that :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
When I'm at home I use either Asda, Saisbury or the Kings drive Esso station as these are the cheapest. I do not use Tesco as they are always more expensive than the others, unless I have a money off coupon.
When away I use whatevers around when I need it. I use supermarkets in France but only if they're on my route or if I'm shopping there anyway.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I would rather run out than use our local garage as when the fuel strikes were on one time they refused me and said regulars only even though i had spent a tidy sum on the repairs side over the years.I will say though the person was unknown to me and i wondered how they would know if i were regular or not.They charge well over the odds anyway and i rarely ,if at all see anyone in there on my way out the village in the mornings.

edit, By the way i use any garage i pass ,i dont really check out the prices as i put it all through the business. So any one but them.

Last edited:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
When leaving home I buy at jct 33 on M4-it's 5 mins from me,and I pass Tescos which always has queues and isn't really motor home friendly.
Once on road I will buy from nearest when I identify a need to re-fuel::bigsmile:

Mike.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
When leaving home I buy at jct 33 on M4-it's 5 mins from me,and I pass Tescos which always has queues and isn't really motor home friendly.
Once on road I will buy from nearest when I identify a need to re-fuel::bigsmile:

Mike.

You must be minted Mike :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Anyone want any Red ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As funny as that is ::bigsmile:.. A word of warning to anyone tempted.. Apart from the fact your vehicle can be seized if caught by the authorities... The guy who looks after my van has 2 modern vans currently sitting in his garage with expensive engine problems purely from using red.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
you mean there is another colour other then red. ivory55: :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.