LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I'm thinking of starting a blog about our motorhome travels, where do I start? Thanks in advance.
Edit reading that back I mean how/where do I construct a blog.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Top of the page | Blogs | My Blog

& off you go.

So it would appear. Haven't done it myself - too boring a life!

That's assuming you meant a blog on this site.

ebo

Nov 9, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class Carado i449
Exp
Since 2009
If your not talking on this site, then try either Wordpress.com or blogger.com which is part of Google, both are free and easy to set up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you both for your replies, I will check those out. I'd like to be able to show photographs as well.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I suggest you contact @Grommet who is offering a very good hosting service and being a well known member here will be able to give you a lot of help.

There is a learning curve to setting up your own blog, for example using WordPress and things to know about dealing with spam, which you will get in abundance I found.

Look for Grommet's postings in this thread: Broken Link Removed

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
@Mousy Choose the blog option above and its all most people need and better than many options. You'll be able to keep a blog, choose separate categories for your posts (if you wish) you'll be able to add photos and files and its all as easy as posting here. People can see your blog, (if you want them to) like and comment upon it. All comments appear below your blog so as not to interfere with the flow. Give it a go.

You'll get a B next to your user name which is a link to your blog, you can also 'advertise' it in your signature (y) Broken Link Removed

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
I've used google BlogSpot. Really easy to use no technical knowhow required! Must have been simple to set us as I managed it!

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I have been using Wordpress for a couple of years now and although it took a bit of getting used to it is really quite easy and intuitive to use. Uploading photos is simple and quick, as long as you reduce the size a bit.
I'm constantly amazed at how many 'hits' it gets from all over the world, well over 40 countries last time I looked.
Oh, it's also free. :)

Richard.

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Being a Luddite and a one finger typist I think I'll go for the easiest option and start a blog on this site.

thanks all x

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Well done :) - That was quick :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
@Mousy Choose the blog option above and its all most people need and better than many options. You'll be able to keep a blog, choose separate categories for your posts (if you wish) you'll be able to add photos and files and its all as easy as posting here. People can see your blog, (if you want them to) like and comment upon it. All comments appear below your blog so as not to interfere with the flow. Give it a go.

You'll get a B next to your user name which is a link to your blog, you can also 'advertise' it in your signature (y) Broken Link Removed
I can second that. My blog about our trip to Spain was simplicity itself to write. The downside is it won't be visible to anyone not registered on MHF. I sent my brother a link but he couldn't see my blog.
I think this is a weakness and if Jim can open the blog section for anyone to read it would make a difference.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I can second that. My blog about our trip to Spain was simplicity itself to write. The downside is it won't be visible to anyone not registered on MHF. I sent my brother a link but he couldn't see my blog.
I think this is a weakness and if Jim can open the blog section for anyone to read it would make a difference.

Anyone, whether registered or not, can see the blogs (y)

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Anyone whether registered or not can see the blogs (y)
I'll check with my brother again. I remember sending him the link and he said it wanted him to register. Probably just finger trouble on his part! :)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I'm thinking about starting a blog, too. (I did already have one with Blogger, but it's disappeared! - Maybe because I'd neglected it for some time.)
For me, it's got to be simple, and creating one on Fun seems to fit that bill. My other option is Wordpress. I've had a look at that and I think I could manage it.
Do I understand correctly that if I create one on Fun, my friends who are not members will be able to access it?
We're off on the Santander ferry next Tuesday, so I need to make up my mind quickly. Getting excited!
Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back