LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Autotrails and where the wind out awning is mounted is higher than on many other vans.
Most common one that we see around and use ourselves is a Kampa motor rally 390xl.
Does the height and a very robust awning.. They sell some "hurricane poles" as an optional extra, these are worth having.
They do come up second hand at times... Just seen this on ebay and a good price for new..
http://www.campingworld.co.uk/en/Ka...tm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=UnitedKingdom

You can use a standard caravan one (ebay £120) but it will be at full stretch and the edges will be off the floor.

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Autotrails and where the wind out awning is mounted is higher than on many other vans.
Most common one that we see around and use ourselves is a Kampa motor rally 390xl.
They do come up second hand at times... Just seen this on ebay and a good price for new..
http://www.campingworld.co.uk/en/Ka...tm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=UnitedKingdom

You can use a standard caravan one (ebay £120) but it will be at full stretch and the edges will be off the floor.
thank you...is the kampa easy to assemble?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
thank you...is the kampa easy to assemble?

Yes...
Wind out your current awning on the van, slide the Kampa into the groove thats already there.
Wind awning back in.. The rest is these flexi poles and 2 aluminium strength bars..
Always great fun first few times but easy enough..

BE AWARE there are several 390 versions.. Best suited is the one stated Motor rally 390 XL.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Sue

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
@Sue £199 !!
Broken Link Removed

WOW, but take care, I may be wrong but there was something about and early version of an inflatable not fit for purpose. I think someone on here had one, it exploded or collapsed or both.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
WOW, but take care, I may be wrong but there was something about and early version of an inflatable not fit for purpose. I think someone on here had one, it exploded or collapsed or both.

Brian.. These are NOT the inflatable ones..
Only issue that I know of is some back in 2012 that had their top panels change colour, mine did it and went back for Refund. I know some others had same problem.. All that seemed to be resolved now and was maybe down to just an odd faulty roll of material on a batch. Although Kampa never admited the problem.
Still good awning, many funsters have the same one.. Even the leader :)

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Sue Look at the Auto-Trail Club site there might be on for sale.;)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Got to say this, being a short-arse who was married previously to another vertically challenged one - make sure you have the means to actually reach up to that awning rail! Also, check where the side walls of the awning actually will be on your van - how many windows will it block?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back