Where can I buy replacement carpets (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Hi All,

I fancied sprucing things up by replacing out ten year old carpets with some nice new ones.

As per most motorhomes, the carpets are slightly unusual shapes. There are three in total; main bedroom at the back, kitchen area, and the lounge area at the front.

Does anyone know a reasonably priced supplier who will be able to do me proud so that I can impress my dear wife.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Try these people.

They fitted carpets for our Carthago and we were very impressed.
They will come to you as long as you are within about one and a half hours of Bolton where they are based. We live in Suffolk so went to Staffordshire for a couple of days on a CL and they came and did it all on site in a few hours.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Binding is probably going to cost about £3-£4 per meter from memory.

I suppose even at £3 it adds up as it is all around the outside edge so even the little kitchen area is going to be quite a few meters. Good to know. Hopefully my wife's friend will be able to do us a good deal.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Try these people.

They fitted carpets for our Carthago and we were very impressed.
They will come to you as long as you are within about one and a half hours of Bolton where they are based. We live in Suffolk so went to Staffordshire for a couple of days on a CL and they came and did it all on site in a few hours.

Richard.

If they drive over the Pennines, and put their foot down, they should be able to get to us in an hour and a half. I will check them out Clarky Thanks :)

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Or if your half handy you could try these, especially if you already have a template. You can afford to change them every year and thrill the wife to bit's, ::bigsmile:

Broken Link Removed

example of mine, not the best pictures but they were taken for a different reason.

Attachments

• IMG_20201014_134433.jpg
    IMG_20201014_134433.jpg
    632.1 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0
OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Or if your half handy you could try these, especially if you already have a template. You can afford to change them every year and thrill the wife to bit's,::bigs

Broken Link Removed

example of mine, not the best pictures but they were taken for a different reason.

Actually that would work really well for the front bit as it is completely square. My cutting skills might not be up to snuff for the kitchen and bedroom though as it is all round edges. But at that price it is a very tempting option worth considering. Thanks barsteward

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Stanley knife, piece of wood , good pair of scissors your not bothered about and Bobs your Uncle. (y)
I even did it whilst undergoing a Vasectomy.:giggler:

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Stanley knife, piece of wood , good pair of scissors your not bothered about and Bobs your Uncle. (y)
I even did it whilst undergoing a Vasectomy.:giggler:
Suprised they let you bring all that stuff into a steralised operating theater :Eeek:

Upvote 0

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
Hi barsteward do you think your uncle Bob would make some aswel?

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Unfortunately I can only have one Vasectomy :wasntme:

Castration is not an option!!!

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
If they drive over the Pennines, and put their foot down, they should be able to get to us in an hour and a half. I will check them out Clarky Thanks :)
Give them a call.
They are a family company and extremely friendly and helpful.
The fit is superb, all the edges bound and you can choose the colour of carpet and binding.

Richard.

Upvote 0
Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I think you will find that the price of edging/binding will cost far more than the carpet :Eeek:
Still far cheaper than factory replacement's
Yes we were surprised how expensive it was to get it done , when Ralph converted our van. Worth it though. Gives you more options f a professional finish.

Saying that we’ve taken the one that’s in the hab out and use a runner . So’s not to spoil it.

As you do .......

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hi All,

I fancied sprucing things up by replacing out ten year old carpets with some nice new ones.

As per most motorhomes, the carpets are slightly unusual shapes. There are three in total; main bedroom at the back, kitchen area, and the lounge area at the front.

Does anyone know a reasonably priced supplier who will be able to do me proud so that I can impress my dear wife.
Whilst not the cheapest we purchased turtle mats cut them to shape, you don’t have to worry about edge bindings. These mats are really tuff look good and you can just place them in the washing machine to clean.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Whilst not the cheapest we purchased turtle mats cut them to shape, you don’t have to worry about edge bindings. These mats are really tuff look good and you can just place them in the washing machine to clean.

They look great and the ability to just throw them in the washer without worrying would be terrific. I will measure up and see how that option might compare to the others. Thanks Coolcats

Upvote 0
OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We bought a big left over piece of wool carpet for £10 in Meltham last year

and paid £90 to have them bound in Holmfirth having given him the old pieces for him to get the right cut.. ( In three pieces probably 15/16 metres all round)

Wow! That is my kind of cost saving Billy :)

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
They look great and the ability to just throw them in the washer without worrying would be terrific. I will measure up and see how that option might compare to the others. Thanks Coolcats
They wash at a max of 40 degrees and don't need to use softener(using softener stops the pile picking up the dirt as you walk over it Doh!) I have one by my back door as well when it looks grubby I just toss it in to the washing machine always look good when they come out.

Upvote 0

Hezbez

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2015
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Whoosh Bang
Exp
Since 2009
You can get Easybind or Instabind type products which enable you to bind the edges yourself. Lots of videos online showing it.

Upvote 0

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
We used these people.

Very pleased indeed. If you have press studs they will fit them, you trace out the carpet piece shape's and mark the stud positions.

All done by post and accurate spot on quality carpets returned by post.

Some of the website photos are of our carpets they did for our Bessaccar.

Highly recommended

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back