Where Can I Buy genuine Mirror Guards? (1 Viewer)

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Hi all
I want to buy some genuine Mirror Guards but I live in France. My husband is in the UK next week and I've emailed Mirror Guards to see how quickly they could deliver a pair to a UK address, to see if they would get them there for my husband to pick up and bring back to France. However, time is short and I've not heard back from Mirror Guards. I read in another post that the man who owns the company is always busy and that's fine, so I'm wondering if they have a dealer I could buy from, either in the UK or France. Does anyone know if this is possible, please?

Please don't give me details on other guards or reasons I shouldn't buy Mirror Guards. I only want to know where I can buy some from. Thanks :)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Hope you get an answer as i have ordered twice from the main mirror guard site and got nowt.
Not bothered now as we ain't got a van to put em on.:cry:

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
My impression is that the bloke who makes Mirror Guards has a small business and only sells direct. I bought mine direct 4 years ago. Maybe the demand today is overwhelming because MH sales are 150% up.

In your position I would consider contacting this alternative supplier and discussing their product to judge if it might be suitable:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
He will be at the South West Motorhome show this coming weekend and may well be at Lincoln. The South West Motorhome Show IS NOT near Bath, the nearest town is Shepton Mallet. If your husband was in the vicinity a day ticket to the show would be the safest bet.

I would not rely on him posting them to a U.K. address quickly at the moment with shows on or at any time to be honest!

There are no dealers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
He will be at the South West Motorhome show this coming weekend and may well be at Lincoln. The South West Motorhome Show IS NOT near Bath, the nearest town is Shepton Mallet. If your husband was in the vicinity a day ticket to the show would be the safest bet.

I would not rely on him posting them to a U.K. address quickly at the moment with shows on or at any time to be honest!

There are no dealers.

Thank you so much for your informative reply! :) I may well be able to get someone to get some for me at Lincoln. Do you know if he takes stock with him, please? Thank you again :)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you so much for your informative reply! :) I may well be able to get someone to get some for me at Lincoln. Do you know if he takes stock with him, please? Thank you again :)
Yes he does. He had plenty at Malvern. Check on the exhibitors list to make sure he’s there though I wouldn’t want your friend to have a wasted trip. He’s based down in my neck of the woods so Lincoln might be a bit far!

Also make sure your friend knows if you want short or long arm ones. Sorry if I’m teaching granny to suck eggs but that would be a real pain in the bum to get the wrong ones.

Deleted User
Give him a ring he’ll take credit card details over the phone and send straight away. Ordered mine about a month ago. Never got any replies from emails before I decided to phone. 07971 654 936 . Genuine mirror guard man.

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Yes he does. He had plenty at Malvern. Check on the exhibitors list to make sure he’s there though I wouldn’t want your friend to have a wasted trip. He’s based down in my neck of the woods so Lincoln might be a bit far!

Also make sure your friend knows if you want short or long arm ones. Sorry if I’m teaching granny to suck eggs but that would be a real pain in the bum to get the wrong ones.
He's there! Fab :) Thank you so much for your help :) BTW, how do I know if I have long or short arms....apart from if my sleeves fall in my dinner! ::bigsmile:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
He's there! Fab :) Thank you so much for your help :) BTW, how do I know if I have long or short arms....apart from if my sleeves fall in my dinner! ::bigsmile:
On the whole it’s PVCs that need the short arm ones and most others needs long arm . A few exceptions I’m sure, anything other than a narrow coachbuilt would need long arms. I’m not sure why the shape of the mirror guard is different.

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
On the whole it’s PVCs that need the short arm ones and most others needs long arm . A few exceptions I’m sure, anything other than a narrow coachbuilt would need long arms. I’m not sure why the shape of the mirror guard is different.
OK, that's great! Thank you so much :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back