where can I buy a van conversion new with disabled vat relief? (1 Viewer)

Tamar

Free Member
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
It seems most dealers wont do the vat relief anymore as it is too much hassle for them. Anyone know of anywhere that will do it? Thanks

OP
OP
T

Tamar

Free Member
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
fantastic! I'll have a look

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Tamar

Free Member
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
how does the vat relief work? I have a quote from the people who did the adaptions on my current vehicle but if the motorhome is the other end of the country I guess the dealer would use a different company who might charge a different amount. How would I ensure I dont have to pay over the odds for adaptions?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
how does the vat relief work? I have a quote from the people who did the adaptions on my current vehicle but if the motorhome is the other end of the country I guess the dealer would use a different company who might charge a different amount. How would I ensure I dont have to pay over the odds for adaptions?
Are you talking about the vat relief on just the adaptations or vat relief on buying the vehicle..?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
The regs are very specific. I went through all that after a m/bike accident which meant I have to drive one-armed. I only qualified for VAT exemption for the cost of the adaptations, not the vehicle.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Ring me tomorrow, 01803 522098 and I will talk you through it!

May 25, 2021
Scotland
Funster No
MH
RP Rebel on order
Exp
I bought my Jeep & the garage registered it in the Disabled taxation class. This does nothing for VAT, but it removes the initial road tax fee & of course, annual road tax is free thereafter.

My Camper will be bought as part of my business & I have agreed with my Accountant for business use - therefore VAT reclaim on the purchase & running costs.

For VAT relief due to disability check this: https://www.disabledmotoring.org/motoring/purchasing-zero

Feb 24, 2018
Humberside
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.
The VAT exemption is available for just about anything you may buy if it helps with your disability and is often just filling in a declaration/from if you qualify.

No need for me to say more as we obviously have a dealer here who knows and can help

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Customs and excise I think it’s form C1516 vat exemption form, either complete it and give it to the seller who should reduce the cost of a new vehicle by the equivalent VAT once it’s been processed including the vat on any alterations. You have to provide proof that you are a registered disabled person, similar to that of getting a blue badge, you can’t just stick a few mobility aids on the van and claim exemption. Those who are disabled pay no VAT on any mobility aid or vehicle adapted for their disability.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back